UCLs available now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Likebright

Enlightened
The 22.8mm UCL lens that replaces the stock lens in the Arc4 are now available at www.flashlightlens.com for $7.00 each.
I have just installed mine in the light and like it. It is so clear you don't even see its there.
Mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
How difficult what it to remove the retaining ring?
Is there a difference as to which side of the UCL goes towards or away from the LED?
Did it fit without any modification or addition of o-rings, etc?

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question: Is there any difference in brightness when installing the new Lens over the stock one?

Brian

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
How difficult what it to remove the retaining ring?
Is there a difference as to which side of the UCL goes towards or away from the LED?
Did it fit without any modification or addition of o-rings, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]
I got my UCL yesterday and haven't installed it yet but some have stated that the threaded ring comes off easy. I got a watch wrench from Harbor Freight weeks ago and tried to remove the ring on my Arc 4+ then and was it so tight that I burred the slots a bit! You'd have to look close to see the damage. The small pins don't fit perfectly and I may make a set that fit perfectly.

I might see if I can get a replacement ring from Arc.

Likebright

Enlightened
Nascar,
I used the watch wrench from Harbor Freight too. You have to be very careful that the pins fit snug into the retaining ring. I filed mine a bit to get a tighter fit.
I think the things are equally coated on both sides so its any side out.
I just dropped mine in inplace of the original lens. There was some talk of a gaskit to protect the glass lens from the retaining ring. I didn't see a need for one.

BMStroung
There certainly seems to be a perceived difference. It seems brighter.
Unfortunately I didn't measure my light output before replacing the original lens.

SpaceMarine
I think Chris is trying to get some but doesn't have them yet. The LS is a different matter when it comes to replacing the lens as it has to be opened.

HandMeLite

Newly Enlightened
The original lens is pretty thick (.090 I think). Is this new lens similiar thickness to the original? Previous discusion mentioned that some of these replacements were much thinner and would need a shim.
Jim

HandMeLite

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Mike,
Has anybody tried the UCL-LDF with the the Lexan dispersion film? Comments? Would the lexan film side go in or out?
I am thinking about gettin both kinds. The isolated lens (out of stock) also sounds interesting since it should greatly reduce the chance of breakage.
Jim

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BMStrong said:
Question: Is there any difference in brightness when installing the new Lens over the stock one?

Brian

[/ QUOTE ]
It was posted by the dealer to be 12% increase over a stock lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.