Browning Black Ice Luxeon 123a - Info Please

jbrett14

Enlightened
Saw this light at Gander Mountain and was very tempted to buy it. Anyone have experience with it? Is it worth the $60? How does it compare to other Luxeon lights using (1) 123a battery? Anyone know of any other Luxeon light this size with this same type of switch for around the same cost or less? Basically I am wanting a light about this same size that is as bright as my SL 3AA Luxeon TaskLight? Am I asking too much? Sorry for so many questions but I don't want to throw away $60.

BigWhip

Newly Enlightened
Very bright, excellent build quality, small size, water resistant. Try it out. I'm pretty sure Gander has a good return policy, so if it's not what you want, you're really not out anything.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you do get one, PLEASE post your opinion!
(the info that I saw implied that the finish was "blueing" as opposed to annodising)
BTW, you might want to check out this one which is now on sale for only $24.95 Read more about it here.

jbrett14

Enlightened
I am actually reconsidering my choice of small light. The more I read about the SL TT L1 & L2, the more I am leaning toward one of these lights instead. I realize that now we are talking a xenon instead of a luxeon, but they appear to be about the same runtime at full brightness. Does anyone know if the L1 would be as bright as the Browning?

BigWhip

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Stainless said:
If you do get one, PLEASE post your opinion!
(the info that I saw implied that the finish was "blueing" as opposed to annodising)
BTW, you might want to check out this one which is now on sale for only $24.95 Read more about it here.

[/ QUOTE ] FYI, the finish is anodized.