Would you like to see a new M6 style body on the market??

325addict

Enlightened
I was talking to Mark from Lumens Factory lately, and I told him I seriously miss ONE part among all the parts he has available: an M6 style body, with 3S 18650s in it! Think about it: he already has multiple heads for the M6, that includes nice LED-heads AND an incan head as well, and he already has the M6 button boots also! ALL he needs to create is the body itself to have a complete flashlight "M6 style"!

To my surprise, mark answered, he has had the idea of making such a body for a long time, but he just doesn't have the time to start such a project... and he also told me he would rather use the newer 21700 cells instead of 18650s.

Now several ideas came to our minds:

1. more or less the size of the original M6, with 2X 18650 in a 2S side-by-side configuration
2. a somewhat "fatter" option with 3X 18650 in a 3S configuration, in a triangular setting
3. a wilder setup: 3P2S or even a 3P3S configuration with 18650s, creating a longer body
4. a 2S setup side-by-side of two 21700s (but we quickly ruled this one out as this would create a light that's simply TOO fat to grab)
5. a 3S triangular setup of 21700s, but this also results in too fat a light
6. a 2S 21700 configuration "M4 style" (behind each other, stacked, not side by side)

Now I would like Mark to really PUSH this project, and I hope all of the community can help me to choose between these options! After all, IF Mark would be so kind to create such a body for us, we certainly have to BUY it! It would be essential that we know WHAT option is the most popular here for that to happen ;-)

Mark told me, it would be compatible with all SF M6 heads, including those he makes himself of course.
So, please tell me: which of the options 1 to 6 would you like best?

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand what you are after, a nice short 3x cell light that you can operate with one hand and fit in a big pocket.....right?

I never had the money to buy the Surefire M6 when they were available but did get the Wolf-Eyes M300 which was the cheaper alternative, came with a 400 lumens lamp.

I rigded mine up to accept the WA1185 bulb and it works a treat. (I am now looking for a replacement for the G4 WA1185 once I run out of my stock)

It is 150mm long (6"), 60mm at its widest point (the reflector) and it does fit inside my jacket pocket. It takes a magazine of three 18650 cells.

I agree that anything bigger than the 18650's would make the light too wide for one hand operation.

The idea is good, all the best with the project......

A picture of my cheap M6

Attachments

• P9170001.jpg
    P9170001.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 125

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark would also need to offer a lamp that can handle the voltage and current of 3x Li-ion secondaries.

Last edited:

325addict

Enlightened
Yes, I know that M300 Lion: I have one myself :)
It's a GREAT light and has at least THREE advantages over the SF M6:
- it runs on rechargeable cells, the most widely accepted ones: 18650s!
- it can be (de)focussed!
- it has a NORMAL pushbutton switch instead of a twisty!!
Sooooo... in my opinion Wolf-Eyes is a VERY good manufacturer, they always do something a bit different than others, but always right! I just ordered their "pro Trooper" and the Dingo head lamp, and some smaller lights they had on sale, and a lorryload of HDB-168 high-drain, long-life 18650s with 3400mA capacity. ALL of my Wolf-Eyes 18650s are over 10 years old now and STILL function....

I understand what you are after, a nice short 3x cell light that you can operate with one hand and fit in a big pocket.....right?

I never had the money to buy the Surefire M6 when they were available but did get the Wolf-Eyes M300 which was the cheaper alternative, came with a 400 lumens lamp.

I rigded mine up to accept the WA1185 bulb and it works a treat. (I am now looking for a replacement for the G4 WA1185 once I run out of my stock)

It is 150mm long (6"), 60mm at its widest point (the reflector) and it does fit inside my jacket pocket. It takes a magazine of three 18650 cells.

I agree that anything bigger than the 18650's would make the light too wide for one hand operation.

The idea is good, all the best with the project......

A picture of my cheap M6

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
He already HAS that lamp... the 1000 Lumen IMR-M6!
https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=84

I didn't think it existed. Great. That's just great. I have a 3 cell E tube, now I guess I need an E/P and P/M adapters and a spacer. Who makes our favorite IMR16340's these days?

IMR16340 are hard to find. I won't touch Olight. Looks like Efest is the only option. I wonder why KeepPower doesn't offer any.

My other option is to fine a Leef extender, or a Leef 3x18650 .

Last edited:

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fivemega used to make this in 3x18650 in series:

I don't think so. Check link in my previous post. He must have acquired a stash of 3x18650 Leef M head C tail, and half sunk drill holes in them for some reason. I love fivemege, but sometimes I do not quite understand.

There's only 6 left. I have been meaning to get one for about 4 years. CPF, please leave me the last one until I get it together. Thanks.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already have FM 3x16650 battery holder which fits nice in stock M6. Also 2x18650 by altermann so i'm happy with 8.4V and 12.6V options.
What i found interesting is 2x21700 M4 style body.
But even better would be to design incan softstart like AW's back in the days.
Softarters implemented in tailcaps C and M6 would be absolutly [emoji2962]

Sent from Tapatalk

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
But even better would be to design incan softstart like AW's back in the days.
Softarters implemented in tailcaps C and M6 would be absolutly [emoji2962]

It does not claim to be softstart, but I have my suspicions... The Lightsaver Miser tailcap... the guts of the E series ones fit into a C tail cap. I have used this with FM1794. I have run about 50 battery sets through the light, and I'm still on my first FM1794.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 also but i don't like it that much as AW's.
What am saying is to make C or M tailcap with incan regulator inside if just the switch could be a problem.
That would be a blast.

Sent from Tapatalk

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
A current regulated incan driver would be the bomb. AW SoftStart did that?

Last edited:

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah.
Since Mark is putting so much effort in this SF crazyness, 2x21700 with softarter and one of FM custom bulbs would be great.

Sent from Tapatalk

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think so. Check link in my previous post. He must have acquired a stash of 3x18650 Leef M head C tail, and half sunk drill holes in them for some reason. I love fivemege, but sometimes I do not quite understand.

There's only 6 left. I have been meaning to get one for about 4 years. CPF, please leave me the last one until I get it together. Thanks.

No, he made them in series. I have one on my m6 head. I just couldn't find the sales link.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
See... I was confused by your use of the word "series," which was perfectly correct, of course. I thought you meant one cell behind the other. I should know battery compartments come in all sorts of configurations. fivemega's Megalennium was awesome.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting comments here.....

I find that the WE M300 is about as wide as I would like it, any wider and it would be uncomfortable. The body diameter is 45mm and still ok to hold and operate one handed.

The beauty of this shape and configuration is that you can use 3x18650 or 2x18650 in it just by using a dummy cell, so versatile without any extra length or bulk.....7.4 and 13v lamps already available from Lumens Factory...IMR-M3T or IMR-M6.

With plenty of 18650 cells with 3500mAh out there, as well as plenty of 18650 cells in our possessions already, there is no real need to complicate things.

Would like this future light to incorporate the AW soft start switch as mentioned above, this would make it a great outfit.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. more or less the size of the original M6, with 2X 18650 in a 2S side-by-side configuration
2. a somewhat "fatter" option with 3X 18650 in a 3S configuration, in a triangular setting
3. a wilder setup: 3P2S or even a 3P3S configuration with 18650s, creating a longer body
4. a 2S setup side-by-side of two 21700s (but we quickly ruled this one out as this would create a light that's simply TOO fat to grab)
5. a 3S triangular setup of 21700s, but this also results in too fat a light
6. a 2S 21700 configuration "M4 style" (behind each other, stacked, not side by side)

1- 2x18650 battery holder connected in series will fit in original M6. No need to copy M6.
2- This is already existed and can be obtained in WTB section.
3- Accomodating 6x18650 in a custom body will be too large and heavy to carry.
Even
6x18500 Megalennium is in large and heavy side.
4- This configuration needs inside diameter of 43mm while ID of 3x18650 is about 40.7mm
Total length of this barrel will be much longer than M4 because 21700 are longer than 18650 also connectors will take some extra space.
5- Even fatter than already existed 3x18650 Megalennium.
6- Maybe 3cm fatter and 1cm longer than M4.
Some people don't even want to pay $70 for
2x18650 M4 custom body while they have extra batteries, do they pay $140 for 2x21700 body and tail cap plus buy 21700 batteries?

============

1x26650 & 3x26500 Megalennium]

2x26500 Megalennium

3x18650 Megalennium

Parralel 3x18650 (3.7V, 10500mAh) for LED users.

3x18650 Megalennium-B body with built in bi-pin to eliminate cost of bi-pin socket.

6x18500 Megalennium version for higher output and cheaper bulb choice.

Need to mention all above Megalennium series are M head compatible.

Last edited:

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do admire fivemega's productions and variety of options as shown above.

Personally, and only speaking for myself, I have a collection of G4 bi-pin bulbs suitable for the 2x and 3x 18650 power source, a number of M heads, fivemega's G4/M3T holders, Lumens Factory M3T/M6 lamps and a good selection of 18650 protected cells.

The only thing I am missing is a body which holds 3x18650 cells side by side as in the WE M300 light (which is becoming my favourite light right now) and accepts the M head.

So I guess that the obvious question here is, who will make this body in the future......(and don't forget the AW style soft switch as well)

Even though I have too many incan lights already, this type/shape light would be on my shopping list.....

Last edited: