Wuben        

Thread: arc lsh std second

Enlightened

Default arc lsh std second

Hi i am new to the CPF, i recently brought an Arc LSH S second. Its got perfect anodizing, no mark/scatches, its got the whitist led i have ever seen(not even near pink/blue tint, just pure white) and its really bright.
    After reading alot of the threads here i've found out that the battery life on 1 cr123a battery is 2 hours on sun mode. But the problem is my arc's sun mode only lasts for 1 hour! i was wondering how this could have happened, probs something to do with it drawing too much current?

Ray

Default Re: arc lsh std second

Thats probably why it's a second.

I think that happens because is a second, to be sure try another battery if you don't have any other similar light to compare it with.Other solution is measure the current with a m.meter, runs at 330mA.

Enlightened

Thanks for the reply. Does running at a high current eg. over 330mA make it brighter but for shorter run time?

Yes, higher current means it will run brighter at the expense of runtime on a given battery. I would suggest trying a couple different batteries.

It seems unlikely that it's a second because of excessive current draw, because I don't think the current was ever measured as a parameter with the Arc LS.

Peter