Anduril; How to config switch lights?

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
I`v just had my new EC03 arrive and I like the 2 green lights config of the switch and want to set my EC01 to do the same.
After looking through the "manual" several times I can see where it`s mentioned, but there`s no clear path to get that area where I can set it.

Can anyone tell me how to get into there, I want the green switch light so that it comes on Low as soon as I turn to tail cap to unlock it, a sort of Battery Engaged indicator.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well in the absence of anyone with a brain replying, I thought I'd give it a shot...
If you've alrady found ths stuff, please forgive me. I'm not trying to teach my Grandma to suck eggs.

From this.....
Switch Back Light
The switch LED can be configured to do different things while the main emitters are off. There is one mode for the regular OFF mode, and another mode for LOCKOUT mode. This allows the user to see at a glance whether the light is locked.
Switch LED modes typically include: - Off - Low - High - Blinking To configure the LEDs, go to the mode you want to configure and then click the button a few times:
- OFF mode: 7 clicks.
- LOCKOUT mode: 3 clicks. This change the LEDs to the next mode on this light.
The switch LED stays on while the main emitters are on. Its brightness level is set in a way which mirrors the main LED -- off, low, or high.

and this...
anduril.jpg

I reckon that from the "Off" state 7 clicks will allow you switch the back light on or off, the on bit is to select the level.
From the "Off" state, 7 clicks and hold allows you to select the colour.
From the "Lockout" state 3 clicks will allow you switch the back light on or off, the on bit is to select the level.
From the "Lockout" state 3 clicks and hold allows you to select the colour.

So you can set the operation of the back light to function when the light is off or in lockout.

I hope that helps, if it doesn't please ignore me.
P

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
Thank you! :)

I had to go hunting for that part of UI map as it wasn`t on the manual (sheet) that came with either of my lights which was a bit naughty of them! LOL
I did do the 7 click thing mainly out of curiosity and the light did come on, it`s quite a bit brghter than the other one and I still haven`t worked out how to make it On but Low. The manual`s not very clear here so I just left it as it is, it`s still better than just Off.
it`s not one of these lights that you can just click stuff at random and see what happens! LOL

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
Well aparently it toggles between each mode every time you click 7 times, so 7 is Low, another 7 High and another 7 is Flash(blink), then to off again.

problem solved! :)

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
OHHH, well there you are.
Well done, it's always a nice feeling when you crack a puzzle.
In the unlikely event that I get Anduril, I'll shout for help.

P

archimedes

Flashaholic
OHHH, well there you are.
Well done, it's always a nice feeling when you crack a puzzle....

Many years ago, I spent one whole day trying to work out the UI of a random "milkymod" with no documentation.

I had to construct the flowchart backwards, using only observations of the changes and outputs, after various series of switch inputs and clicks.

Since this one used up to (IIRC) either fifty or eighty clicks (seriously, lol) to perform various functions ... yeah, it was a "puzzle"

:hairpull:

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arch, have you ever done a 250 click to inlock a Novatac?
Once you get the hang of it.................
It's still tedious. I can't even remember if it's 200 or 250.
P

Latest posts