HDS Systems        
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: HDS Systems #23

Default Re: HDS Systems #23

Quote Originally Posted by wweiss View Post
    Thanks for the timeline.
    Long time fans of HDS know that any estimate should be multiplied by at least 5. We call them "Henry months".

Only as a reference, the BeCu was available 16. March 2020, Stainless 29. June 2021, Tubes 12. October 2020. You will see BeCu took the most time, more than a year.

But I am ok with it, since the stuff is really cool. The BeCu is great. And I can not wait to see the Stainless. It seems 2021 will be that HDS year with the coolest stuff ever!
    Last edited by WarriorOfLight; 04-14-2021 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Typos--
    "It makes me feel great! Smarter! More aggressive! I feel like I could... like I could... like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!!" (Purple Tentacle)

Default HDS Systems #23

Wrong thread

If the stars align I'll get my first HDS which I ordered on the 25th of July 2020 around the end of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Beard Man View Post
    Mgizler , the bezel on your HDS looks a little loose.
    I checked the bezel and it's nice and tight. It does kind of look like that in the photo though. I'm person it looks different. I forgot how much I love these rotarys

I know that someone will make me feel stupid, but here goes. I have 3 rotaries. I decided to reprogram one from scratch. I old schooled and took the battery our for a couple minutes and put it back together. I did the 20 clicks and hold to get into customization mode. For some reason now, I have no rotary function.
    I did the reset by removing the battery several times, including one time for over an hour. Put the light back together and no rotary function. Not even trying to customize.
    Swapped primary batteries to new, twice.
    Switch to 18650 tail, same results.
    Perhaps I am missing a step, but the rotary function appears to be gone on this light.
    I am actually afraid to try anything on another rotary in fear that I brick it too.
    Any ideas would be great. I hate to find out that I am stupid and don't want to bother the boss by sending it back for repair if it doesn't need it.

Do a full factory reset. It sounds like when you where in customization that you changed rotary function to a single level.

• Reset your flashlight - i.e., remove the battery for 60 seconds and reinstall. Alternatively, you can turn on your flashlight (with the button released), remove the battery compartment (your flashlight will turn off) and then reinstall the battery compartment without waiting. Your flashlight will light dimly for 7 seconds to indicate that a reset has taken place. You must begin the next step before the light turns off.
    • Press-and-hold the button before the dim reset indication turns off. Your flashlight will become brighter for 10 seconds and then turn off. Release the button when your flashlight turns off.

Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

Thank you very much. I was quite upset that I may have toasted my light. This worked perfectly.

This has probably already been answered somewhere, but when will the limited Nichia 219b emitters be available for standard HDS lights?

Most likely May 17. Henry and I are still discussing it.
    I play with dead things

Thank you!

Flashaholic*

Been out of the forum for a while, because I've just been so happy with my lights.

Just last week, I lost my beloved HDS Executive Clicky Hi-CRI.
    Ordered as a rotary in January of 2012, received as Clicky in March of 2013 (during that tumultuous time Henry was changing manufacturing houses. Rotary production was even more impacted.) After 8 years of faithful service, where I carried and used it just about every day, I seem to have left it behind at the ABC on Lower Honoapiilani Rd just blocks from where I picked up a SunDrop from Don M (also in 2013.)
    This particular HDS had a rather more yellow/brown tint than I typically prefer, but most colors looked more true-to-life than from other Hi-CRI / Neutral Tint lights.
    I hope whoever found it appreciates it for what it is, and doesn't have a problem sourcing "those oddball batteries" for it! (I went back after realizing the loss; it wasn't on the counter or in their lost-n-found.)

Having trouble convincing the wife that I need to spend HDS money to replace it. But I haven't found anything else out there that can compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    Most likely May 17. Henry and I are still discussing it.
    Amber as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneking View Post
    Amber as well?
    Yes, those will get released with the others as well.
    I play with dead things

Take note:

Special Event: Stainless Steel Rotary Flashlight - Final Sale
    We have shipped the pre-orders and the remaining Stainless Steel Rotary flashlights go on sale Monday, April 26, 2021 at noon MST - that's GMT-7 - we don't bother with daylight savings time around here.We have a very limited number of stainless steel bodies remaining and don't expect them to last long. We don't have an easy way to turn off ordering to stop too many orders from coming in so we are instituting a new procedure for this sale.If you want to place an order, you will go to the Custom page and click on the "I want to order a Custom stainless steel flashlight" button. That button will be disabled until the sale starts. That button will create an e-mail - which you will immediately send us.In the order we receive e-mails, we will send you a special link you can use to place your order for a stainless steel flashlight - please only order one. You will have one hour after we send you the magic link to place your order.
    I play with dead things

Were 18650 Rotary Tubes ordered the same time as the 18500 and 18350?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneking View Post
    Were 18650 Rotary Tubes ordered the same time as the 18500 and 18350?
    and 123 tubes which were/are the priority.
    I play with dead things

and 123 tubes which were/are the priority.
    Wow 18650 rotary tubes are out of stock! Seems they are really popular. When do you expect them back in stock. I am still thinking about buying one. My plan was maybe buying one when the remining special limited LEDs are available to aluminium lights.

For the 123 tubes I was still thinking the big switch to 18350 will be done.... (Sorry in Germany it is early and I am the only one in office....)
    "It makes me feel great! Smarter! More aggressive! I feel like I could... like I could... like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!!" (Purple Tentacle)

18650 tubes sold at over 2 times the rate last year that they did in previous years.
    I play with dead things

18650 tubes sold at over 2 times the rate last year that they did in previous years.
    That is great, a 18650 tube success story. I also like this tube.

@Hogo, one question regarding the Stainless shippings, are all shipments at the post office? My tracking still says "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item". This has not been changed since April 16.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    @Hogo, one question regarding the Stainless shippings, are all shipments at the post office? My tracking still says "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item". This has not been changed since April 16.
    Thatís the post office, theyíre not doing so good right now. They canít keep up, itís been an issue due to the pandemic and other reasons Iím sure.

I was reading the SS thread and noticed the mention that these are some of our toys.
    I have to agree. I also am drawn to hand made perfection to the best ability of the craftsman.
    I have custom knives, holsters and lights. Even though Henry makes a lot of these, they are all touched by his hand and crafted to his specification.
    To me, they are the pinnacle of this craft and purpose built to the highest standards.
    Can't wait for my BECU!

I like to think these are more like tools that we play with rather than toys.
    Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?
    My flashlight videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9TIYcGeuBXa5m0

Definitely tools for me.

Tools for sure, but Iím definitely guilty of playing with my rotary dial when Iím
    bored lol.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

At first, now the tracking is working, and the shipment is @USPS Office....

Than, yes, HDS light are multi functioal lights. They are both tools and toys Depending on my mood and the things I am doing at this particular moment the HDS might be a tool or a toy. Both is great

My tool/toy SS has been sitting in LA since April 16 (waiting to be beamed to Europe). USPS definitely not fully up to the task ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by badtziscool View Post
    I like to think these are more like tools that we play with rather than toys.
    Completely. HDS are very useful tools first. Because they are so enjoyable using, we sometimes play with them.

I always sort of considered them targets... but that's just me.
    I play with dead things

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17202122232425262728 LastLast