Jetbeam        
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2528293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1176

Thread: HDS Systems #23

Default Re: HDS Systems #23

In a perfect HDS universe, we have the emitters potted in the heads and several black/glass black/sapphire silver/glass silver/sapphire combinations on hand. Same with tails. Several rotary flush and rotary raised on hand... same with Executives.
    Then when an order comes in, the proper head and tail are grabbed, the head is programmed and calibrated. Henry does some finishing touches on the tail, puts it on the head, and off it ships. It has occasionally worked that way in the 3 years I have been at HDS. Is it 3 years? I'm not sure. Seems like eternity.

How it usually goes... I'm going to smoke a few cigars before I type that up... maybe have some rum.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post

How it usually goes... I'm going to smoke a few cigars before I type that up... maybe have some rum.
    Tuned in and waiting. I think this is going to be good.
    I choose to carry a flashlight because I am often kept in the dark.

So in my LONG time interaction with HDS I have learned that the waiting is really just part of the "game'. In the end the ordered product is delivered and I have always been very happy. I to am waiting patiently. It will be fun when it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    But does that include all the special finishes? How many special body runs have there been at this point? Surely over 10....

Special finishes, means bodies that were not black means actually special metals. There are 7 special metal runs: Titanium Clicky, and this here:

There were additionally the "Panda" Tailcaps for the Rotary. I also do not take into account the old natural HA HDS lights.

But when I see the 6 Special Metal rotaries here..... than something comes in mind....

Hogo, we need a new special metal run!!!!!
    Last edited by WarriorOfLight; 06-15-2021 at 10:32 PM.
    "It makes me feel great! Smarter! More aggressive! I feel like I could... like I could... like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!!" (Purple Tentacle)

Zirconium

Damascus

Actually, I am intrigued at what is coming next from the "evil" mind of Henry and Dan. even if it takes a bit of time....

Quote Originally Posted by klackey View Post
    Actually, I am intrigued at what is coming next from the "evil" mind of Henry and Dan. even if it takes a bit of time....
    I guess more that this HiCRI Aluminium Runs and the 18350/18500 battery tubes are actually in work. I think all of this stuff takes more time than expected. Therefore I really thing that HDS needs to take a deep breathe before starting with some new special stuff like special metal runs, special parts like GITD reflectors,....

Actually I do not expect some new stuff from HDS like a new LED option or some new limited part or whatever due to the fact that even the HDS day has only 24 hour (minus the time of smoking cigars and drinking rum ).
    "It makes me feel great! Smarter! More aggressive! I feel like I could... like I could... like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!!" (Purple Tentacle)

It is 4am here and I'm outside in the cool night air (90 degrees) having a cigar.
    Once we are caught up (meaning all orders have shipped, we have about 2-3 years of parts for everything, the special battery compartments have shipped) we will be focusing on HDS part Duo... i.e. a new light. All energies and focus will be on this, which is why there won't be special runs for awhile. We are on our 4th or 5th 3D printer specifically for prototyping parts. We had planned to have it done by now... but we are not even close. Honestly figure 2-3 years. Will be physically different. A lot of changes. Henry wanted a new fancy pants integrating sphere and I told him he couldn't have it until the new light was ready to be released... I'm incentivizing him.

I just completed my own special project... a 120 quart temperature and humidity controlled cooler for the stogies that won't fit in my other 2 150 and 300 stick temp and humidity controlled humidors. It may not look as nice as the others, but at least this will hold a few months of smokes and all my pipe tobacco.

I play with dead things

It is 4am here
    Seems Hogo never sleeps... ... here at my location it is almost 14:00 or 2:00 PM like you say, I guess. I am almost done with my work.

...we have about 2-3 years of parts for everything...
    When Do you expect the 18650 rotary tubes back?

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    Seems Hogo never sleeps... ... here at my location it is almost 14:00 or 2:00 PM like you say, I guess. I am almost done with my work.

When Do you expect the 18650 rotary tubes back?
    Most likely a couple of months.
    I play with dead things

Hogokan-Churchill, eh?! Think you could ration cigars until 18650 tubes are back in stock?
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011 | Malkoff Everything | HDS Always
    List of my lights!

Hogokan-Churchill, eh?! Think you could ration cigars until 18650 tubes are back in stock?
    Well, like you, all I can do is wait and call the machinist non-stop. No point in not enjoying a cigar while screaming into the phone.
    I play with dead things

Nice write up hogo, will look for new light in 4 years, 2025.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Flashaholic*

It is 4am here and I'm outside in the cool night air (90 degrees) having a cigar.
    Once we are caught up (meaning all orders have shipped, we have about 2-3 years of parts for everything, the special battery compartments have shipped) we will be focusing on HDS part Duo... i.e. a new light. All energies and focus will be on this, which is why there won't be special runs for awhile. We are on our 4th or 5th 3D printer specifically for prototyping parts. We had planned to have it done by now... but we are not even close. Honestly figure 2-3 years. Will be physically different. A lot of changes. Henry wanted a new fancy pants integrating sphere and I told him he couldn't have it until the new light was ready to be released... I'm incentivizing him.

I just completed my own special project... a 120 quart temperature and humidity controlled cooler for the stogies that won't fit in my other 2 150 and 300 stick temp and humidity controlled humidors. It may not look as nice as the others, but at least this will hold a few months of smokes and all my pipe tobacco.

Slick Willie would be proud of you!

That beats my Tupperware (R) humidor or as my cigar sommelier calls it, a tuppidor.
    Last edited by greatscoot; 06-16-2021 at 07:59 PM.
    "Open the pod bay doors, please, Hal"

And how many years do we have to wait until the HDS humidor becomes available? Will it protect our stogies from shotgun blasts?
    Haha the stogies are potted in place for their own protection Haha

Flashaholic*

The special battery tubes have shipped? Thatís great newsÖ

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by wweiss View Post
    I mis-read - they havenít shipped. (sniff)

I wish that would have been the case. Cant wait to see a HDS with 18500 in use.

My guess is that at first all the special metal lights and the "special LED" Aluminium lights will be finished and shipped. Than maybe the parts for the tubes are finished and ready to assemble? I guess if everything works fine we may get the tubes in September. If something delays i.e. some new Corona variant, Asteroid impact, Hogo & Henry win the jackpot in the lottery... than it may take till December any we all have something cool for christmas.

Anyway 2021 is a great year. Becu Rotary, Stainless Steel Rotaries, 18350 & 18500 tubes, HiCRI Aluminium lights. Maybe the best HDS year ever?

But my guess is HDS is starting the planning for the big 40 anniversary a Special Metal Light to ensure we will be all surprised in 2023. But this is a big secret A copper rotary would be cool.

2023 would be good timing. I will probably be able to afford one then

Anyone regularly carry their special metal HDS lights? I'm kinda glad I got all my HDS Al lights used with some dings, so I carry and use them all the time. I wouldn't be able to help it, but i'd be so worried with such a lovely chonk of gorgeousness...
    List of my lights!

Anyone regularly carry their special metal HDS lights?
    I use my special metal lights. Not dayly, but I use them. Even the BeCu was in my pocket some weeks ago, and stainless too. Also one of my Ti clickys have had contact to the ground. That is than ..... yes there are so much nice 4 letter words that came in my mind ... but most of the 'ding' on the tailcap could be sanded and polished out.
    Anyway a HDS should be used. Therefore the Ti Clicky was used and has now a very tiny mark....

but in general I use all my stuff (not only flashlights) with care. Most of the things I own are in very very good shape. I must work hard for my money (at least my brain works hard) and I pay my money for my stuff therefore I am always careful to my stuff. Therefore also most of my HDS lights are looking like new or almost new.
    Last edited by WarriorOfLight; 06-17-2021 at 07:28 AM.

Ohh I use my SM lights everyday. Thatís what they were made for. Dust collectors or shelf queens doesnít make anyone happy, rather the opposite (IMO).

2023 would be good timing. I will probably be able to afford one then

Anyone regularly carry their special metal HDS lights? I'm kinda glad I got all my HDS Al lights used with some dings, so I carry and use them all the time. I wouldn't be able to help it, but i'd be so worried with such a lovely chonk of gorgeousness...
    I carry my Stainless all the time.
    "Open the pod bay doors, please, Hal"

Flashaholic*

My SDR50 is waiting for itís 18500 tube.

As Iím closer to the end of my life than not, I trust it will get here before I shed this mortal coil. Iíve instructed my heirs to put my ashes within it if my scheduling is off.

I carry my bronze Rotary as my main light and lack of a coating, not to mention being so durable to begin with, it makes wear and tear a complete non-issue.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Flashaholic*

My SDR50 is waiting for itís 18500 tube.

As Iím closer to the end of my life than not, I trust it will get here before I shed this mortal coil. Iíve instructed my heirs to put my ashes within it if my scheduling is off.
    Best use of ashes Iíve heard of!

Flashaholic

Anyone regularly carry their special metal HDS lights?
    hahaha Iím certain we all know the real answer to this question.
    There would be a fallout if a used HDS got posted in this collectorís thread

They all must feel so hearty to carry, like a comforting weight in pocket. I'd have such a hard time not constantly playing with them. Especially in a fun metal, the Al versions are so much fun to hold in hand and appreciate. I would love to feel what HDS knurling is like on another material. Some day! Thanks for the answers everyone
    List of my lights!

I just received a white "diffusing reflector" (I have no clue what their 'official' name is) and it came without o-rings. The right size to get would be 20.5mm x 1.5mm, correct?

I have the choice between acrylonitrile 70, nitrile 70 or 90, chlroroprene 70, silicon 70, viton/fluoro 75, ethylene-propylene 80. Thanks in advance!

I think youíre correct TILL-22. The HDS website says their O-Ring Kit includes 2 lens O-rings (19mm x 1mm) and 2 reflector O-rings (20.5mm x 1.5mm).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2528293031323334353637383940 LastLast