• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Free: Mag Cams for Camless PMRs Or??

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I have a bunch of cams left over from making camless sputtered reflectors. Since these are all cut with an even flat surface I tried attacthing one to a camless PMR and it worked. I used household hot glue so that they're removable without any harm to the PMR. Although the camless PMR with a Mag cam attatched will be a bit shorter than the Mag reflector, it still focuses.

Free to anybody who wants them. All I ask is $1 to cover the bubble mailer and postage fees.
US/Canada, Paypal cash please.
Take as many as you want. I have about 40pcs as of now to spare and will have more later. To keep track of how many are left, please post here if interested with the quantity desired. If no interest I'll be tossing most of them out.

If anyone purchases something from me or will be getting a package from in the future (like the sputtered reflectors), I'll be happy to toss however many you want in with that package for free.

pmr_mag-cam.jpg

mag_cams.jpg

Thanks

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Feeler: Mag Cams for Camless PMRs Or??

Darkzero,

I don't have a need for your cams. But I want to thank you for posting this because I do have some extra Mag reflectors. I'm going to use your idea and see what I can do in making a hybrid aluminum-plastic reflector assembly, as you have.

I believe that hot-melt glue might melt if used with high powered bulbs, so I'll be seeking an alternative. Perhaps epoxy?

Again, thanks for sharing your idea.

Paul

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

No problem Paul. I don't have any high powered hot-wire mods so I really don't know if hot glue will melt or not. It probably would depending on how hot the mod is and what type of hot-glue is used. I choose to use hot-glue because it can be easily removed from the PMR. I guess epoxy will hold up but not easy to remove the epoxy if you ever wanted.

If anyone purchases something from me or will be getting a package from in the future (like the sputtered reflectors), I'll be happy to toss however many you want in with that package for free. I was gonna trash them but figured someone here might want them.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

I'll give it another week and these will get tossed out.

thx

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Okay, okay. You got to me. The phrase "tossed out" causes me real pain. I'd like to have about a dozen or so if that fits in the mailers and keeps the postage cost down. Otherwise, put what you can in the mailer.

Paul

-----------------------------------

E D I T . . . Ahhh. That feels better. PayPal sent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Darkzero,

The package of cams arrived today. I can't figure out how you cut them; the edge is so smooth. I believe they are just what I need. I'll be having some fun with them, for sure.

Thanks very much for making these available.

Paul

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

Paul, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Anyone else interested in some? I said I was going to toss them out but I hate to throw things away. (bump)

Again, if anyone purchases something from me or will be getting a package from in the future (like the sputtered reflectors), I'll be happy to toss however many you want in with that package for free.

RussH

Enlightened

I've still got a few of those cams myself from lux/mag mods. I haven't been able to think of anyway to use them for either, except as you show. You dont need a PMR tho, they will work on a stock Carley 1940 once you mod it to fit the mag. I've got one with minimal fileing to fit the head (bezel area) and drilled (drill press recommended) to 5/8" to fit over the bulb post. Maybe that will interest those who didn't get a PMR. Hummm - will a CR123A battery fit in there? Might make a spacer... -RussH