Is an alternative to the Olight Warrior Mini recommended?

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking at the Olight Warrior Mini that's on a flash sale, as mentioned on the CPF front page. Everything about the Mini looks good (especially the looks) but like my Seeker 2, it uses a "customized" 18650 battery.

First question: Can I use a standard 18650 battery instead?
Second question: If not, what lights might there be that are comparable but use a standard 18650 battery?

The sale ends tonight, so if there's no real neg on the Olight, that's my pic. I like everything about it except the proprietary battery.

Any constructive insights are welcome.

carrot

Flashaholic
1) Since the Warrior Mini looks to use the same switching mechanism as the M2R Pro and Warrior X Pro , and *isn't* any wider than the S2Rii or Baton Pro, it's safe to assume the Warrior Mini requires a proprietary battery.

2) Short answer: There aren't any.

Long answer: if you are willing to give up some features (especially USB charging), there are some possibilities.

- Acebeam EC35 Gen II has the same UI and USB-C charging, but is much larger.

- Fenix LD30 has a similar size but the side switch controls the brightness and the tail switch controls on/off.

- Acebeam TK18 has a tail switch, but otherwise similar UI to the Batons.

- Surefire EDCL2T has a similar tail switch (not really, but close enough) and no side switch. Also, no rechargeable support.

- Foursevens Quark 16650 has a really great rear clicky, and no side switch. Similar enough in size to the Baton.

- Lumintop FW1A / FW3A has a tail switch and runs Anduril. Technically much more versatile than Olight's UI, except not very tacticool.

Some reviews may help you decide:

- https://1lumen.com/review/olight-warrior-mini/

- https://zeroair.org/2020/09/24/olight-warrior-mini-flashlight-review/

For what it's worth, I decided to go ahead and hit the purchase button. The Warrior Mini offers the exact interface I want, and a cool white emitter and proprietary battery are a small price to pay for EDC nirvana. We'll see how it turns out.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
This seems to be a nice light. I like that it's shortcuts to moon and turbo. But I highly disagree with 1lumen.com reviewer about the positive that moon still is included in the memory cycle. Totally superfluous and unneccesary, and it removes the very point with having memory for the modes who have not direct access.
An alternative to this light for use with normal batteries I think is Thrunite TC15. May be worth to check out.

Last edited:
It really is a nice light, side-switch or end button, which ever suits you. The proprietary cell hasn't been a problem with my Olights. Their magnetic charger is without compare, well worth using their cells. And it's so easy to keep the light charged you may not need a spare battery.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my Mini from the flash sale I actually went through Amazon and the sale was good there as well, this is going to be my primary EDC now for sure. The Baton II has been my trusty EDC but I missed being able to hold like a cigar and quick to turbo well now I have that as well and everything else the Baton II is.

On a side note I've accidentally had some serious drops to concrete from 4-5 feet with my Baton II and it is still going strong
bb83f5879053cddf2f41f6cde870e277.jpg

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
Really sorry to take so long getting back to you guys! I got the Warrior Min that night and like it a lot for a casual EDC light. I'll check out all the recommendations.

I appreciate all the help with suggestions. My issue light is a basic Streamlight, and I'll be looking for more options for both work and play. Thanks again.