single AA flashlight usa made?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
anything made more recent. id love something like the zebra aa. but usa made

parametrek

Enlightened
There aren't any others from the big names that I know of. I had expected Mag or Princeton Tec or Underwater Kinetics to have something. But they don't.

Okay there is the Princeton Tec Aqua Strobe. But that is a flashing light instead of a flash light :)

It has been long discontinued but the Energizer Romeo was a decent option. Only the tan version was made in the US.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
There aren't any others from the big names that I know of. I had expected Mag or Princeton Tec or Underwater Kinetics to have something. But they don't.

Okay there is the Princeton Tec Aqua Strobe. But that is a flashing light instead of a flash light :)

It has been long discontinued but the Energizer Romeo was a decent option. Only the tan version was made in the US.

Yes, I had thought perhaps Tek-Tite, Streamlight, Photon (LRI) , or Pelican .... nope, not that I could find.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
As mentioned above Malkoff or something from peak. Both are topnotch lights that will last you a lifetime.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I can't easily find anything definitive about the location of manufacture for Coast products, but that information would be appreciated, if someone has a good link for that.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
I can't easily find anything definitive about the location of manufacture for Coast products, but that information would be appreciated, if someone has a good link for that.

Good call, most of their products are made in Asia. Article is from 2014 and there is a quote saying that "the company is planning to move some production to the United States, possible [sic] to Oregon, within the next year or two." So it is possible some of their products are now manufactured domestically.

In searching for that, I found this list of US made lights and flashlights.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
The titanium Betas are USA made but still AAA not AA....

Thanks for clarifying

.... Streamlight has the Protac but it's 2 AA.

I don't see location of manufacture listed on the Streamlight site, but multiple retailers list it as "Made in China"

https://www.brightguy.com/product/streamlight-protac-2aa-led-flashlight-88033/

EDIT ... their "Fact Sheet" link (PDF linked from site cited below) confirms this.

https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/index/protac-2aa

Last edited:

boo5ted

Enlightened