I need a low-output light on my duty vest

sloth1

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I am looking for a light which is similar in scale to the Olight Perun mini (just not as overpriced) with a low output which I could wear on my tac vest (cop here) so I can write easily at night time.

Thanks in advance for any advice

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Connected to your vest, lower output (are we talking 10 or 20 lumens?), will that be its only job?

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I am looking for a light which is similar in scale to the Olight Perun mini (just not as overpriced) with a low output which I could wear on my tac vest (cop here) so I can write easily at night time.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Nitecore Thumb. Up to 85 lumens on high in case you need to have your hands free but still need quite a bit of light, like say a traffic collision investigation or crime scene investigation. It has red only output as well. USB rechargeable and the head rotates through 120 degrees so it can point down somewhat while still on your vest.

They also make a LEO version with a UV LED and custom ordered warning lights.

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out Manker E02II..

For under 25 bucks, it's a tiny AAA light weight angle head that comes with a deep pocket carry clip suitable for a duty vest

UI has 5 moonlight settings from 0.1 lumen, so not to blind your traffic stops

Perfect hands free capability to assist in CPR or emergency child births :)

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I use the 20 lumen QuiqLite. Pelican makes one similar called VB3 2320 that puts out 9.

I like the QuiqLite because it can do 10 in pitch black or 20 where there's light pollution.

polizeifritz

Newly Enlightened
In the event you haven't bought something already, what you need is the Quiqlite, ideally the QuickliteX as it is rechargeable. Small, discrete and gets the job done. In fact it is designed for exactly what you describe.

mactavish

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased a new "QuiqLiteX", the all white LED in plastic body, only the aluminum body is more money. I'm wondering if anyone else that owns one of these can tell me if the square beam has a HUGE green cast around the edges. I didn't expect a perfect color, but these are designed for police and doctors, to be able to read up close, so I expected a bit better. I own more then my fair share of lights, but this is now the KING of GREEN fringe for me. Doesn't seem to be coming from the square flat black hood that surrounds the dual LED's.

If no one else has this issue, I'll try and take a picture. If it's just a common thing on this brand, I'll keep it for night time bathroom visits, but NO reading....

mactavish

Newly Enlightened
+1 for the Nitecore Thumb

I sent the owner of Quiqlite, pictures of the yellow banding. He said his "engineers", said it was normal. So I returned it, as I've never seen any LED's that bad. The cheaper "medic" model also in photo has a cleaner beam.
C370EA36-A7FD-41C4-B7C5-E56118FA4D6C.jpeg
22C68E1F-1E64-4FDD-8EC9-BD3281026ADC.jpeg