• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Zebralight, Cheers To You!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't found a different brand flashlight that has the qualities and light weight of an 18650 equipped SC series Zebralight. Let me know if you have something.

Back shortly after the SC62d came out, the unit I received had a flicker at very low mode. I sent it back and it came back fixed. While it was being repaired, another 62d was purchased. When that version was discontinued, the last 62d that a vendor had, joined the stable. These were used nightly (and some days) for years, rotating a pair and keeping the third on standby. An emitter failed, becoming dim. Removed the aftermarket clip and sent it back with $15(?) and a few months later got it back, refurbished with a new switch cover and new clip. Some weeks ago, another one of those well-used 62d's got a purple diminished light. Months previous, ordered a 64C LE and found it to be more efficient and altogether nice. So I asked Zebralight if I could send the old 62d and have the emitter replaced with the Samsung LED. They responded that the old flashlight has the wrong driver board for the newer emitter. I had also asked them another question about getting a discount on the purchase of a new LE. The response was essentially a free battery, which I find appropriate. After all these years of regular use, Zebralight stands up for their products.
Here is a 3 minute 30 second video demonstrating those four flashlights; primarily the tint of the worn out one compared with the other 2 62d's and the LE.

https://youtu.be/v-Q_nj4XHsY

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!
It should be mentioned that the first person to use the technique of using a white sheet of printer paper with a fold in it to show flashlights' tint, temperature, spread, corona and hotspot was by CPF member jon slider I believe.

The main point of this thread is to reassert that Zebralight is not always perfect, but stands by their tools. Even though their new product releases may have slowed down, and discussion of ZL has lessened here, it is a solid product going for some years now.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. LED recently liked the first post to this thread. Since that video, another 62d has completely gone dark. I sent one to be refurbished and got it back a couple (3?) months later. Still appreciate these tools.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Mr. LED recently liked the first post to this thread. Since that video, another 62d has completely gone dark. I sent one to be refurbished and got it back a couple (3?) months later. Still appreciate these tools.
Don't understand these LEDs going kaput… how's your usage pattern?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heavy use, rotating as batteries get to 50% or a little more depleted. I can't say if its emitter or board but thinking emitter. I got a 62d when it first came out and the lowest low was jittery. I sent it back and bought another one then a couple months later got a new one from ZL. Then when they were discontinued, I got the last unit that Bright Guys had, hence owning 3 62d's.

Hey Mr. LED, was it you that I sent the thing chrome clips to, way back when?

Last edited:

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Don't understand these LEDs going kaput… how's your usage pattern
Heavy use, rotating as batteries get to 50% or a little more depleted. I can't say if its emitter or board but thinking emitter. I got a 62d when it first came out and the lowest low was jittery. I sent it back and couple months later got a new one from ZL. Then when they were discontinued, I got the last unit that Bright Guys had, hence owning 3 62d's.

Hey Mr. LED, was it you that I sent the thing chrome clips to, way back when?
yep, it was me! :)