A miracle hath happened tonight!!!

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Last winter sometime I lost my zebralight sc52w. I was distraught. I searched high and low, every vehicle, every pair of pants and coat pocket, in the couch, every possible place it could have gone since I last remembered using it. A few weeks would go by and I would recheck a few places just to be extra sure but to no avail. So I replaced it in my edc role swearing I wouldnt carry a light I liked this much as an edc again. Having also lost an sc32w I loved and a lumintop tool ti I thought was excellent it would suck to suffer a 4th loss of a light I loved and couldnt easily replace. My replacement thrunite t1 has served admirably in this role. I successfully avoided excessive attatchment by making sure it wasnt too perfect, yet perfectly adequate for the role. Lo and behold that tonight while searching for the remote in the most remote corner of the couch, there buried under the cushion, was my sc52w. How I missed it the first time, or the second or third, and through these many months I have no idea. But that doesn't matter. I am ecstatic. I thought it gone forever. But now it along with my truly beloved and most prized sc52d can live a long and peaceful life together simply providing me with a smile, if no longer an edc. Its funny how these little things can actually ignite this level of passion sometimes. Anyways I wanted to share my little moment of joy in these trying times. Its all about the little things.

Poppy

Flashaholic
<SNIP>. Its funny how these little things can actually ignite this level of passion sometimes. Anyways I wanted to share my little moment of joy in these trying times. Its all about the little things.
Yeah, I fully agree!
Thanks for sharing your little story, it makes me feel more normal, when I am happy to find a missing light. Sometimes, I may not have realized it was gone until it shows up, and I am happy, just the same. :)

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to read your story!
More than 12 years ago I thought that my very first LED flashlight, a LedLenser 3AAA, was gone. I had searched everywhere and came to the conclusion that either I lost it forever or I will find it next time I move. And that actually happened. I found it when I was packing for the move.
At that moment I already had advanced in my flashaholism and got a few much better LED lights like Fenix L1D, TK10 and Diablo thrower. But the LedLenser was my very first and has some nostalgic value.
Here we have the drawback with small compact lights: they are easy to misplace and lose.

Last edited:

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's amazing. Happy you found it.

It's ironic that you need a flashlight to find a flashlight. It would certainly have helped in the couch.

I'm currently waiting for the moving truck, I was hoping to find my
Surefire EWP-01
Victorinox Cadet Bk

Still no luck.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

wayben

Newly Enlightened
Glad you found it!!! I've been in that situation also, so can relate. I thought I lost a favorite edc at work and it took a couple weeks to run across it again, right where I'd left it.

Havok

Newly Enlightened
I'm not trying to hijack, just adding to our stories.

I lost my Fenix once, was looking all over with my mini mag trying to find it. After an hour, I said my usual "I can't find it" phrase, and there it was... those little lawn gnomes stole it, and left it somewhere else for me to step on it. My foot wasn't as glad as I am that it's 6061-T6.

I wonder if it would work for anyone else....

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you imagine a missing item (1 1/2 inch nylon waist belt used to have dog pull me) from a work pack disappearing for 5 months then reappearing in that same work pack? This happened to me. Reminder of the old bumper sticker: "The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot"

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's always nice to find your lost Precious! I'm happy for you. I had a similar one somewhere in 2000-2001, I lost my cross and could not find it anywhere, then I left for the camp. When I returned home after 1.5 months, I found him on the steps of the public ladder, all this time he was lying on the see and nobody touched him, although there are about 20 residents + friends and relatives and at that time, and even now, nothing good remains intact if left. I still remember how he lay and glittered in the sun 3 steps from the top.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
I feel a little sorry for the Thrunite....what became of it?

The thrunite t1 resides im my pocket as my edc of choice. If I lost it wouldnt freak out, I would just replace it with something a little different. Three things prevent it from being one I really love in the role. One is the tint. I tried the neutral white and it was just ugly so I returned for a cool white. I don't "hate" it but compared to my my my sc52 and 62w and we'll as 52 and 62d its just not inspiring. I tried a sc53w but way to much green in the one I got. Maybe I'll try again or get the sc53c this time. Nothing has matched how much I like the tints on the previous iteration though with the excpetion of the lumintop tool ti that I also lost. 2 is the U.I. I thought it would be pretty good with the pick a briteness and it'll stay and hold to ramp. This would be fine if I could figure out in advance which way it would ramp. It doesnt seem consistent. Somtimes it seems to go up and sometimes down. Maybe theres a reason I dont know about but I baisically found a useful enough mode for it to return to and use it for that mode plus the moonlight and turbo shortcuts. Third is that the micro USB recarging works fine but the port is so deep it needs to use its own cable which if you make it a common standard why make it so it isnt actually useable with most of the cables. I wish it were usb c. These things have prevented me from really loving it. I like the 2 way clip and the magnet, the non proprietary 18350 fuel and and how druable its been as well as the brightsness and floodier nature. Ive grown used to it, if not attached so it'll probably serve until it dies. I dont feel the need to spare it a death in the field for noataligas sake. Bit of a long winded response. Glad to hear others stories of the joys of finding thier own.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Nowadays, sheer bliss is a cookie. Or, finding a once-lost precious EDC item. :)