Bladeforums down? Again?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys!

I was planning to buy a folder in a few weeks and was trying to enter blade forums, but it seems that all the gremlins have been set loose and are wrecking havoc over there.

Hope they can get it up and running again, Do you know other forums besides knifeforum.com to look for info? I would appreciate it.

I am glad we have a kick butt genious running this forum, Thank you Sasha for keeping this forum running smooth. YOU ROCK!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alex

Greta

Flashaholic
Alex... thank you... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

With all honesty, there has always been and always will be the chance that the same thing that happened to BF with their current upgrade could happen to us too. I'm always scared to death whenever I do an upgrade or even open up the database. The one good thing that we have going for us... and I give them 100% of the credit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif ... is that we have an awesome server and some incredible server dudes... in particular, Steve. I have made it a habit to always let them know when I'm going to do something squirrely and they always advise me on how best to do it and then hold my hand the whole way... no matter what time of day or night, I can pick up the phone and a warm body answers. They do a back up of the database and then walk me through backing it up on my own hard drive... so there are always two backups whenever I attempt something. In addition, these guys run one hell of an operation as far as servers go. This is why I pay them what I do each month and don't resent one single penny of it... they could charge me more and I'd pay it gladly... but they don't. The server dudes are the ones who truly ROCK!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Banshee

Enlightened
I have no association with either (except recent memberships to both in seeking a CERTAIN MT Scarab) I would suggest microholics.org (Microtech forum) and Knifeforums.com...

hideo

Enlightened
XL-bummer ... the powers-that-be over there just recovered it a couple of days ago after a marathon session of work ... (I'm sure this is deja vu to Sasha)

their archive is another fantastic source of info and another great place to surf when you don't want to come up for air for a couple of hours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

think they said they had backed up the entire thing up on another server (after the last snafu) so hopefully, they'll be up soon

hideo

cryptoguru

Newly Enlightened
Bladeforums always has some technical malfunction and for some board that charges seriously outrageous membership fees and etc...they should have better uptime.

RH

Enlightened
I'd selfishly like to suggest you visit www.aficionadozone.com We are trying to build a forum with discussion of many high-end items including knives.

Thanks,
robert

dark star

Enlightened
A "good" computer problem is hardware or software, a "bad" problem is hardware AND software. It looks like Bladeforums has a bad problem.