Olight Seeker 2 and Warrior X Pro Opinions Needed

lureman

Newly Enlightened
Thinking about picking up an Olight Seeker 2, or a Warrior X Pro for the the nightstand for general home security and checking the woods-line behind my house incase my dog roams. Anyone have any experience, or thoughts about these. I won't be EDC it, so size, pocket clip, etc., is not critical. I'm not fond of magnetic charging, but the lights look nice.
Thanks, for any comments you may have.

Eicca

Newly Enlightened
Thinking about picking up an Olight Seeker 2, or a Warrior X Pro for the the nightstand for general home security and checking the woods-line behind my house incase my dog roams. Anyone have any experience, or thoughts about these. I won't be EDC it, so size, pocket clip, etc., is not critical. I'm not fond of magnetic charging, but the lights look nice.
Thanks, for any comments you may have.

I own the Warrior X Pro. Impeccable light. It takes a proprietary battery, so I wouldn't necessarily trust it as a critical situations light, but for most uses it's excellent. 8 hours at 300 lumens on low is good as is, and the 2250-lumen high mode will set trees on fire.

I don't know anything about the Seeker 2, but IIRC it has an E-switch and parasitic draw. The Warrior X Pro doesn't have any parasitic draw as far as my testing can determine. That's an important thing for me personally.

Aesthetically I like the Warrior X Pro better too.

lureman

Newly Enlightened
I own the Warrior X Pro. Impeccable light. It takes a proprietary battery, so I wouldn't necessarily trust it as a critical situations light, but for most uses it's excellent. 8 hours at 300 lumens on low is good as is, and the 2250-lumen high mode will set trees on fire.

I don't know anything about the Seeker 2, but IIRC it has an E-switch and parasitic draw. The Warrior X Pro doesn't have any parasitic draw as far as my testing can determine. That's an important thing for me personally.

Aesthetically I like the Warrior X Pro better too.

Thanks so much for taking time to give me your thoughts. I'm leaning towards the Warrior myself and this helps a lot!

daffy

Enlightened
Warrior X Pro is more of a thrower, very nice neutral beam.
Seeker 2 is flood with some throw.
Yes I have owned both.
If you want something useful beyond 100-150m get the X Pro.
Throw ratings are based on 0.25 lux which is a full moon lighting the ground, you will see SFA without optics at the ranges some of these lights throw.