Fenix E12 v2.0 impressions.

yankees102110

Newly Enlightened
Recently acquired the new Fenix e12 v2. After comparing it to my 1AA arsenal (Fenix e12, lumintop tool AA 2.0, Olight i5T, ultratac 1AA, gearlight 1AA) it has become my favorite edc light. The first thing I noticed is the size, it's smaller than any 1AA light that I've ever owned. It has a nice beam, it's not as bright on high as the Olight or Lumintop but it puts out plenty of light. The biggest upgrade in my opinion from the original e12 is the pocket clip and the size. I also have the new LD42 and that one is my new go to light when ever I need something with more power.

Eicca

Newly Enlightened
I need to grab one for myself. The price is excellent IMO. I'm just worried it'll dethrone my Fenix PD25 as favorite EDC. The PD25 is an excellent little pocket rocket.

Sipher3

Newly Enlightened
Recently acquired the new Fenix e12 v2. After comparing it to my 1AA arsenal (Fenix e12, lumintop tool AA 2.0, Olight i5T, ultratac 1AA, gearlight 1AA) it has become my favorite edc light. The first thing I noticed is the size, it's smaller than any 1AA light that I've ever owned. It has a nice beam, it's not as bright on high as the Olight or Lumintop but it puts out plenty of light. The biggest upgrade in my opinion from the original e12 is the pocket clip and the size. I also have the new LD42 and that one is my new go to light when ever I need something with more power.

I just picked one up last week. I like the light it self, but I'm finding that the clip has a small protrusion making it difficult to deep carry (major issue) the way it' was designed to. Also it's difficult to slide on to the brim of a hat (minor issue) compared to my Olight I3t and I5t. Are you having similar issues?

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
THANK YOU! I was about to post about the same issue before I read your post. I find the clip on the V2 next to useless! It is impossible to slide into the pocket without having to manually lift the clip with my fingers due to the clip having no ramp at all. Due to the protrusion you mentioned it cannot (and I mean CANNOT) slide in all the way, making deep carry impossible. Sadly, this is not just true for this particular light, but really applies to all of these two-way clip-on clips that manufactures put on every damn flashlight these days. They just never work. Never. O-light uses the same horrible design, and so does Nitecore. So many do, sadly.

The only way to do a good clip is to screw it onto the body, or have it sit in-between the battery tube and tailcap with a metal ring. Clip-on clips don't work. And two-way clips don't work.

The light itself is very good. But that clip man. I actually prefer to carry it without the clip. When the customer decides it is more convenient to carry a flashlight without the clip, manufactures should start to think. This is almost as bad as every damn flashlight only coming in black!

Real clips have screws!

yankees102110

Newly Enlightened
Well after a few more days of using the new E12 I have decided to go back to my Olight for my EDC. I like the clip better on the Olights and I find the light just not bright enough.

Sipher3

Newly Enlightened
I may return mine and look for something else. I preferred the original E12 beam outputs, and higher candela anyway. The only thing this had going for it over the original was the addition of a clip, but I think it was an afterthought.

Last edited: