Removing Bezel on Petzl Duo

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have a Petzl Duo on which the bezel is extremely tight--so tight that I can't twist it at all to remove it, despite having a fairly strong grip.

Any suggestions about how to remove it? I want to install the LED conversion kit.

Thanks.

Is the Duo the one with 2 bulbs and an oval shaped bezel?

Does that even screw off?

Anyway, if you have a really tight thread joint, try temperature to get it loose.

Hopefully, heating or cooling it will cause it to change size enough to break the threads loose.

I'd try heat first. Submerge just the bezel (gray) in hot tap water for a few seconds.

If that doesn't work, try cold. Make a bath of ice cubes and soak the base (yellow) for a bit.

You want either the bezel to get bigger or the base to get smaller.
wink.gif

Good luck!

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about also trying a small amount of penetrating "releasing agent" like "WD40" - that brand consists mostly of white spirit as a carrier, then a Top-Secret formulation of dry lubricants. It shouldn't harm plastic
shocked.gif

And a small amount of impact, i.e. bashing it on something can also work on bound threading
grin.gif

Lite-Lover
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, I've now tried generous quantites of WD-40 and Tri-Flow, as well as various methods of heating, to no effect. The manual suggested oiling and heating with a hair dryer.

Even if I were inclined to try "bashing", there's not really any good angle to attempt it.

Any other ideas? I'm about ready to send it back to Petzl. It's no much good if I can't change the bulbs...