LS compared to sandwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

peggsy

Newly Enlightened
Well, I just went and ordered an LS second with 2AA tailpack to replace the minimag/madmax sandwich someone stole from me last weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.
My question is, how does the arc compare to the madmax sandwich in terms of brightness and runtime?

edit: just checked out Roys runtime plots and answered my own question /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
There are many different sandwich combinations, so there is no direct answer.

The Arc LSH-P that I have is roughly equivilent to a madmax running a N or P binned led at 350ma with an NX05 optic.

Daniel

DashingMan

Newly Enlightened
how does it compare to my badboy 400 q3? I like the really wide beam of mine, and was wondering if an lsl is equivalent, brighter, or less. Also as compared to an lsh?

mhejl

Newly Enlightened
I was disappointed with my BB400/Q3 compared to my LSHF-P and modded E2o/KL1 (with a R2H). The Q3 was definitely more purple and I've become accustomed to the high dome narrower beams with Fraens.

So, I popped off the emitter on the sammich and installed a R2H and Fraen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Now, my LSHF-P is on the bottom of my list in brightness and tint and the top of the list in cost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear someone stole your Arc, mine are on the ole' keychain so they are safe.

As I wait for the Arc4+ Revision 2 or 3 (Lux III and tailguard) I use my minimag BB500 R2H Fraen LP everyday. Left the beast in Surgery one day (I work on medical equipment) the next day, a guy gave it back! Woohoo!

He then asked about the "black thing" on the end and I told him it was the tailswitch. When I turned it on, it was time to explain why it was so !!@#$%&!! bright. The kicker was he then told me if he had realized it was a LED modded light, I would of never got it back!

Sometimes, it is nice to have a common flashlight body containing all the wazoo parts inside. Same way with car audio, people will not steal it if it looks stock. Engrave the minimag after you upgrade it and damage the flashlight a bit... you will get it back that way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe Peter can make the ultimate Arc4+ for EDC. Paint over the HAIII, have it have a generic shape and put a genuine imitation chrome-plated plastic around the bezel. That will keep people away.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
BentHeadTX said:
... wait for the Arc4+ Revision 2 or 3 (Lux III and tailguard)...

[/ QUOTE ]

haven't we been over this before? the rev2 will not have lux3!
arc uses both 1's and 3's, but that doesn't matter, as they're not sorted by bin, they're sorted individually.
also, rev2 will not come standard with the tailguard, it will remain seperate.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
while i personally agree that having lux3 is better to the feeling than lux1, when it comes down to arc4+, it all does not matter whether it is lux 1 or 3. Arc chose their lux by sorting them individually, and not by binning. so whatever performs well, lux1 or 3, that is what will got inside the arc. not some binning like lux3 TWOH or something like that.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the Arc4+ use Lux III's as Peter said. Just a guess that in six months, due to Lumileds ability to get more money for the III's, the bins will stay high on them. If you were Lumileds, wouldn't you attempt to make all Luxeon III's...the ones that are not S or T rank... just call them Luxeon I's? That would make a lot of sense so I can see more III's making into Arc4+.

Anyway, the tailguard option (and the 2AA tailpiece option) is what I am waiting for. Getting some NiMH AA batteries to feed the beast. My main concern at this point is to get some more Arc AAA's, AFAIK...there is no other option for the Arc AAA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
that may or may not be, but i don't see why on earth it would matter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.