Acebeam        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 18350/18500 Battery Compartment Pre-Sale

Default Re: 18350/18500 Battery Compartment Pre-Sale

Quote Originally Posted by wweiss View Post
    I would swap my orders to either type that would bump it to happening; if that was required.
    same here, would prefer what I ordered but either or would be much more preferable over none...

Enlightened

Both is always the right answer, lol!!!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Wow I’m surprised by this. Figured y’all woulda sold at least a 100 18350’s.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

I would swap my orders to either type that would bump it to happening; if that was required.
    Same here. Prefer the one I ordered but if it is a matter of only one happening I’d switch.

Quote Originally Posted by wayben View Post
    Both is always the right answer, lol!!!
    I wish I had the finds for both. Mow knowing the poor turnout, it does have me tempted to try doing both.

Flashaholic*

I am actually not surprized. When replacement battery compartments (and 18350 is a direct replacement for 16350) are offered some of folks would need to either sell their 16350 at a loss or just sit on them. There is no economically feasible option of buying a front end, because the front end is priced almost as a complete light.

For a 18500, there is a strong feeling that it should complement an upcoming AA driver. But again, even if and when the driver comes, it is quite obvious to me that it would come in complete 18500 lights, so there will be more 18500 bodies and at the time when everyone would need them. And at that time the 18500 HDS would become the dominant form factor

Quote Originally Posted by ma tumba View Post
    I am actually not surprized. When replacement battery compartments (and 18350 is a direct replacement for 16350) are offered some of folks would need to either sell their 16350 at a loss or just sit on them. There is no economically feasible option of buying a front end, because the front end is priced almost as a complete light.

For a 18500, there is a strong feeling that it should complement an upcoming AA driver. But again, even if and when the driver comes, it is quite obvious to me that it would come in complete 18500 lights, so there will be more 18500 bodies and at the time when everyone would need them. And at that time the 18500 HDS would become the dominant form factor
    Though when the new light comes out, which is in years, not months, it won't be backwards compatible with existing parts.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    Though when the new light comes out, which is in years, not months, it won't be backwards compatible with existing parts.
    Do you mean that you have decided to make the upcoming AA front end incompatible with the 18500/18350 compartments, as well as current 16350 one? why?

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Wow I’m surprised by this. Figured y’all woulda sold at least a 100 18350’s.
    My guess is that outside of CPF few people are keen on “exotic” battery sizes. I would think most people that Henry sells these lights to in quantity for professional use actually still use primaries in them. And unless folks are in habit of checking the website regularly for accessories they wouldn’t even know they exist. I dunno, just my theory.

Do you mean that you have decided to make the upcoming AA front end incompatible with the 18500/18350 compartments, as well as current 16350 one? why?
    When the new model of the HDS comes out, which is in years, most likely it will be a couple millimeters larger in diameter to alleviate production issues.
    Don't hold your breath though...
    I play with dead things

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    When the new model of the HDS comes out, which is in years, most likely it will be a couple millimeters larger in diameter to alleviate production issues.
    Don't hold your breath though...
    Interesting. So it would be even heavier than the current model? And loose compatibility with some 1" stuff like surefire F04 beam shaper?

BTW what I really like the f04 for is the ability to replace the heavily diffused glass with a transparent or lightly diffused one and put lee color filters behind them. Great way to transform a daylight tint to amber, for example

Flashaholic*

I will be definately happy with the 18500 and 18350 tubes. This is the chance to get this "special" tubes, therefore I took this chance since it is the one an only one... This tubes are done by HDS at request by some of the users annoying hogo with this (I guess I was one of this users!?), and this is a really great thing. It is been a pity that the demand is not that high...

And regarding the new HDS. I know when Hogo says the new light will be available in years, than it will at minimum take this years. Therefore compatibility is not interesting at all....
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Interesting. So it would be even heavier than the current model? And loose compatibility with some 1" stuff like surefire F04 beam shaper?

BTW what I really like the f04 for is the ability to replace the heavily diffused glass with a transparent or lightly diffused one and put lee color filters behind them. Great way to transform a daylight tint to amber, for example
    Perhaps if it comes close to 1.125 in (2.85 cm), then the panels will climb on it F04-A / F06-A / F07-A or something from olight.

Still hoping for a Panda 18350 tube
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Enlightened

I'm not too worried about future versions being backwards compatible with today's versions. I'm putting together a set to use and appreciate today, and probably for the rest of my life. By the time the next version comes out who knows what batteries or light source we will be using. Even if they are the same body size, they may not be compatible for other reasons. Whatever the future holds doesn't diminish the quality and usefulness of today's version right now. YMMV.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Flashaholic

For my two BC’s, just got my ‘should be shipped within 26 weeks’ notice from Henry. I knew this timeframe up front, but it’s so weird to see that many weeks as a written out number... Certainly this is not instant gratification.
    Should I be worried to not have received a order confirmation? Mine went in on the first day.
    Last edited by whill44; 10-19-2020 at 09:57 PM.

"Order confirmations should be sent within 12 weeks."

No one has to be worried. This is going through. No one has to change their order either.
    I play with dead things

Thanks for that confirmation, Sorry you may have lost some credence with Henry on this one.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Still hoping for a Panda 18350 tube
    I’d be in for a panda as well lol

Pandas won't be happening again... but you could get a stainless steel light then put a black bezel and black tail on it...
    I play with dead things

So from reading here and just want to confirm..standard AA batteries won’t work with the light. Will lithium AA rechargeable batteries run fine, like the batteries you get at a grocery/pharmacy store?

Quote Originally Posted by JPA261 View Post
    So from reading here and just want to confirm..standard AA batteries won’t work with the light. Will lithium AA rechargeable batteries run fine, like the batteries you get at a grocery/pharmacy store?
    This light is not designed to run on any single AA battery.

You can obtain a 2xAA Battery Compartment.

“Compatible with common 1.5V AA battery chemistries - alkaline and Li-FeS2 primary batteries, rechargeable NiCad and NiMH batteries. DO NOT use lithium-ion rechargeable batteries in this battery compartment - they will damage your flashlight.”
    Quote from HDS Systems Website.
    • 2700k 219C HDS Rotary • 3900k HDS Clicky • 4500k 219B HDS (Bare Al) Rotary •
    • 5700k (High Noon) HDS Clicky • 6200k XP-G2 Orange HDS Rotary • Ra-85-Tr •
    • UV 365nm HDS Rotary • FreLux Synergy2 • 4500k XPL RD BOSS •

Quote Originally Posted by JPA261 View Post
    Are you talking about like Energizer/Duracell rechargeable AA batteries? Those won't work either. The output voltage on those are only 1.2v. Not enough to run an HDS. However. If you're talking about rechargeable li-ion batteries (14500), then that will work since those have a nominal output voltage of 3.7v just like 16340/rcr123 cells.
    Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?
    My flashlight videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9TIYcGeuBXa5m0

Quote Originally Posted by badtziscool View Post
    Are you talking about like Energizer/Duracell rechargeable AA batteries? Those won't work either. The output voltage on those are only 1.2v. Not enough to run an HDS. However. If you're talking about rechargeable li-ion batteries (14500), then that will work since those have a nominal output voltage of 3.7v just like 16340/rcr123 cells.
    Ah ok and yes the Duracell/energizer ones. I thought that would be a good tube because I can run AA and CR123 batteries

Really glad these are happening. I know I was one of the ones who complained about not having more 18mm battery size tubes available for these lights. I’ve already purchase a raised button version of both of these sizes. (Might even buy another 18350 slush tail version ). I think we should all just appreciate that these are being made and pick one up if you’re able.

Was super excited when these were announced, but every time I get ready to order an 18350 battery compartment, I realize that I could just get another 18650 battery compartment. Don’t get me wrong, I love the fact these will be available. I just have gotten to the point where, for me, the 18650 battery compartment on an HDS doesn’t seem to add any significant bulk over the 16340.
    Thanks to a couple of adapters from Peak Solutions and Overready, I can swap in just about any battery chemistry I desire as well.
    This post is self help for me. Still trying to talk myself out of buying one each in 18350 and 18500. Lol.

Enlightened

I welcome them as an enabler. If I buy one each of the 18350 and 18500 then at some point I'm going to have to/get to order two new HDS Rotaries. No downside that I can see!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123