Pila/Wolfeyes Upgrade?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Posted on Britishblades.com
200421716283757891.jpg

Looks like a Pila GL4 with a 3" Turbohead
Any of the Pila dealers know anything more about this?

Topper

Flashaholic*
I might want one too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

K5Guy

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I am a little lost here. I just purchased a Pila GL4 so what is the deal with Wolf-Eyes? Are Pila and Wolf-Eyes the same company?

Its funny I emailed Pila and asked them if they had a spot version lamp for the GL4 and while they were very nice and promptly answred my email they didn't really answer my question and didn't mention the "turbo-head". I've gotta have one of these things. I hope they are available soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

I'd love to see some beamshots of that 195 Lumen GL4 with the bigger reflector..I imagine its very impressive.

E

Emilion

Wolf-eyes are made in China. Their reflector and finishing are not good as the SFs but acceptable, and usually they are brighter.

6pkitbig.jpg

9P123big.jpg

Topper

Flashaholic*
My Pila boxes say Hong Kong that's A city in China.
I do not recall when the British lease ran out. I think it was a few years back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

E

Emilion

The lease end on 30/6/1997.

Its really hard to find the Pila in HK. Only the largest electronic shop is selling the Pila.

I prefer the Pila, cos China usually ships the best out and keep the other for local market.