Tad Customs is alive and kicking... on ebay!

325addict

Enlightened
I thought I just HAD to share this! Although Tad closed his own site now, the remaining parts are available on ebay now [edit: link removed]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

GREAT parts to mod your Surefire or Maglite with! And I know from Tad: once these items are gone, they are.... gone FOREVER. He won't make new batches!!

I can recommend the following parts from my own experience:

1. the PR to G4 bi-pin adapters for Maglite, in combination with his MN7225 bulbs: create your own extremely bright Mag... requires metal reflector and glass lens!!
2. PR bulbs MPR7212 and MPR7218: These are indeed the finest, most precisely made PR bulbs I've ever had. Amazing quality and brightness! GET THEM!!
3. Surefire M6 MN to bi-pin adapters, Xenon version: to use with Tad's own MN7225 superbulbs AND with the well-known WA superbulbs.
4. Bi-pin socket for Surefire M3 plus A7212 bulbs, as a replacement for the MN10 bulb. BETTER hot spot and focus than the original MN10!!

These parts may not be the cheapest around, but remember: you get what you pay for!! The sheer quality of these parts will NOT disappoint you, I'm sure. Now just take a look and grab those parts before someone else does so... as we say in the Netherlands: op = op en weg = pech!!

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Question. If you have one of his adapters is there another source for the bulbs?? Like the A3712?

325addict

Enlightened
Well.... WHICH adapter do you mean?
- The MN to bi-pin adapter for Surefire is suitable for WA-bulbs too (G4)
- The PR to G4 bi-pin adapter is suitable for any G4 bulb

- The A3712 is a smaller bulb with less than 4mm between the pins, so this one is NOT suitable for the adapters above.
- Then, there's the Mag bulb which has another pin distance, suitable for the new adapters you get with any new MagNum star II bulb. This Tad bulb is even more powerful than the 6-cell original Mag bulb. And it has a lifespan of 50 hours!

Question. If you have one of his adapters is there another source for the bulbs?? Like the A3712?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Probably because he's getting out of the business. Good stuff though.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
A closing-shop sale is both the most powerful and saddest reason to justify a purchase, neh?

Thanks for this heads up.

325addict

Enlightened
Yes. Somehow I was just so lucky to find his site 10 days before he closed it. I knew, Fivemega multiple runs of his famous PR to bi-pin adapters, but I was so stupid to buy too few of these back in the days. So, I finally came to the idea to just use Google and searched for "PR to bi-pin adapter" and... I came to Tad's site! I bought for $400,- + goodies from him.
All the reason for my renewed interest in flashlights was the fact most of my li-ion batteries got bad after 10+ years. Although most of the AW cells still work well! As well as the Wolf-Eyes cells. But most others just broke... so, first I bought a lot of new Keeppower batteries and THEN my eyes went over my Maglite collection... time to try a new Mag-LED and mod a few 2D ones and take that gorgeous Fivemega 2.5D Mag I have... and get some real light out of it!

A closing-shop sale is both the most powerful and saddest reason to justify a purchase, neh?

Thanks for this heads up.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
So his 7212 pr bulbs for the Maglite. He still has some left. They're listed as 150L. But the .9A maglite bulb is 178 out the front and on 2 18650, they're being overdriven a bit and are even brighter. So do you think the lumen rating is under rated? I don't care that much about lumens, but I would hope they perform as well as or better than the 6 cell magnum star I'm using now. The price is good. Unfortunately no more 1.8A bulbs left on his ebay page as that would fix my current problem of a more powerful or bulb.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still awaiting my aluminum reflector and glass lens for using the mpr7218 bulb. But I can say his bi pin 7212 bulb for the mag bi pin holder is the nicest bulb I've used to date. In a full sized mag with the smooth reflector, it's a champ and super bright. If this is the same 7212 bulb available for the E-Series adapters, I can only imagine flood of light that would come out of that tiny reflector. It also works splendidly in an ML25it after opening the reflector whole event to stop the melting. Anybody on the fancy, if they have the availability to use some of these bulbs, should buy some now before they're gone

Latest posts