Any Streamlight Strion, NF-2/TL-2/TL-3 incandescent upgrades?

prof student

Enlightened
I have an old Strion Xenon just sitting in the closet.

1) Can it be upgraded to an LED?
2) If so, is it a drop in, or does it require soldering, etc...?
3) If so, do you think its worth it?

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Re: Streamlight Strion XENON upgrade?

Pretty sure lumens factory makes a LED Dropin. Simple as pie to put in. Direct replacement.

prof student

Enlightened

Does anyone else have any LED ideas for the old incandescent Strion? Anyone?

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Terra Lux had a bi-pin LED but you had to use the head that came with it. Not bad but not great. It was called "mini star" and was stated to put out 200 lumens. But they are no longer easy to find. They used to be about $20. I'd say eBay would be the best source.

F44207-D2-660-F-4670-8-D12-1215-E97-FFCE0.jpg

The top one has the Terra Lux kit.
The bottom one is an early Strion, the top one was made a few years later and has upgrades to grip and the twisty switch button

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

I didn't see anything on lumens factory website but they are worth contacting

nitebrite

Enlightened

I have a very old Streamlight that takes 3x 123A. It claims 300 lumens with the incandescent. There must be some way to get an LED in there plug and play? There are so many companies that make capsules and BI-pin units. I would imagine I could just use one that fits and accepts 9v? Otherwise I do not really mind having a few incandescent lights left out of the amount of LED lights I have. Considering I have older LED lights that are now considered archaic by today's standards. Like a 2x 123A that outputs 50 lumens and gets smoking hot. I just don't like to discard things if they are working. I actually still find uses for all of these items.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Unlike SureFire, Streamlight incandecent lights were generally proprietary in nature and often parts not swappable even between their own models. Also unlike SureFire no real LED replacement modules market ever developed.

prof student

Enlightened

I have a very old Streamlight that takes 3x 123A. It claims 300 lumens with the incandescent. There must be some way to get an LED in there plug and play?

I did find this from Lumens Factory: https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=380

I emailed them last week asking for more details, as I have the 2 x CR123 (the TL-2) as to what the output would be, & if its regulated.

I also asked about a Strion LED from them, but they haven't emailed me back.

Last edited:

nitebrite

Enlightened

Sorry it took me so long. Indeed, it is a TL-3. I thought it was 300lm. I guess 211lm. I doubt I find any drop in LED that is going in that thing. Especially one that is considerably brighter. I dread the day the filament blows because there are no more capsules to be had for it.

prof student

Enlightened

The strion battery is stated to be 3.75 volts.
I am supposing that means at rest, but the LF module may just work. :cool:

IIRC (my Strion is boxed up somewhere back in the closet, lol) the bulb was a 2pin.

With the drop in from LF, its like a P60 type replacement, which won't fit in the bi-pin of the Strion.

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Sorry it took me so long. Indeed, it is a TL-3. I thought it was 300lm. I guess 211lm. I doubt I find any drop in LED that is going in that thing. Especially one that is considerably brighter. I dread the day the filament blows because there are no more capsules to be had for it.

Lumens factory does make a led drop in for the TL3. 800 lumens. I have a TL3 with it in. Very bright

nitebrite

Enlightened

thermal guy, could you please tell me where I could purchase one? Thank you

Never mind, I found it! :) Thank you for bringing it to my attention! This is great and it is not expensive either!

Last edited: