Flashlight recommendation, Olight Warrior Mini vs Fenix E28R or what have you?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all. Am looking to purchase an EDC flashlight and the Fenix E28R and Olight Warrior Mini are two I have looked at more extensively. Both seem of similar size and light output. I like having the tail cap switch option of the Olight although it's not a "must have" like it is for some people. I like the output levels of the Fenix better. The Olight has a high of 500 lumens before the 1500 lumen turbo setting whereas the Fenix has a high of 800 lumens which seems more reasonable to me. I think I prefer the cable changing system of the Fenix over the magnetic tail light charging interface of the Olight. The Olight method is proprietary whereas the USB C cable of the Fenix I assume is readily available. But Olight system is not a deal breaker unless users report it is really lousy.

So any thoughts on the above two lights or do you have other recommendations?

Hope everybody is doing well.

Deadcell

Newly Enlightened
I do not have those models. However I have an Olight headlight, I do not like not being able to charge outside of the flashlight. It helped me choose to buy a Fenix PD36R instead of another Olight. I like Olight's shortcuts to turbo and moonlight, Fenix or Olight are you listening?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I have the Olight AA Baton (forget model number) which I keep by my bedside and love the 1 lumen moonlight mode. I can do the same with my Nitecore tip. So I like the Olight Warrior moonlight mode but not that the high setting is "only" 500 lumens vs 800 lumens for the Fenix E28R.

I do not have those models. However I have an Olight headlight, I do not
like not being able to charge outside of the flashlight. It helped me choose to buy a Fenix PD36R instead of another Olight. I like Olight's shortcuts to turbo and moonlight, Fenix or Olight are you listening?

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess thats how they get us to buy more flashlights.

I normally would not recommend a flashlight with a proprietary cell, but I do own three Olights that have proprietary cells. The PL-PRO Valkyrie, The Odin and the new Warrior mini. The first two are weapon lights and basically I feel it is acceptable for my needs to go with those lights over something powered by 123As or some other standardized cell. With the mini I decided that the UI and usefulness of the light out weighed the encumbrance of having a proprietary cell inside.

I figure that by the time the original cell starts to die, I will have gotten my fair share of usefulness out of it and be looking for a replacement anyway. Heck maybe by then someone else will have come up with a similar UI and made it even cheaper with 3 times the output. All being powered by a single AA NiMH!!

I can hope anyway.

Latest posts