Red lens light

Martym

Newly Enlightened
Hello, Anyone know of a light with a red lens, either a cap light or hand held that actually puts out enough light to see where you are walking when walking in to your deer stand in the dark. Thank You

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want something with great throw and output, Malkoff makes a Red-only head for the Hound dog. I'm sure you can contact them and they will ship you one with that head and either the MD3 or MD4 body (3 or 4 cell) on it for about 200 dollars. The MD4 can run on 2x 18650 for good runtime. That light will be about 2 times brighter than the mentioned Fenix, and throw a lot further too. Almost indestructible as swell.

And in case you ever decide the red is no longer for you, you can get a different head and simply swap it out and turn it into a regular light.

Last edited:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a lens but if you want a simple and bright small red led check out the sofirn c01r. I also am surprised how bright my innova and photon freedom red leds are for being 5mm. Unless you are trying to do something like night time coyotes can't image what you'd need a brighter red light for.

Armytek, nitecore, fenix, streamlight all offer red filters for their lights.

wayben

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure how powerful of a light you want, but a Prometheus Beta with a red LED might work. It isn't so powerful that you'll be able to light up the whole woods, but it's certainly enough to walk safely and see where you are going. Small enough to fit in a small pocket and uses 1 AAA battery.

Martym

Newly Enlightened
Have had a chance to use the Fenix in actual hunting conditions. There are three levels of brightness on red. The lowest one is more than sufficient for navigating through the woods in the dark. Way better than the little red light i have on the brim of my hat.