Upgrading from SC63W

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I have this SC63W and its in excellent shape. Seem a few adventures but basically still looks new. With the 4500k XHP35 the beam is damn near perfect for me- sure white wall hunter will not a donut but I do not. This is a few years old now and it has be wondering... Can I do better? I love the tint, I love the UI, I love the size (though I really wish it would support primary cells as a backup). Is there a light that matches the SC63W but with a high CRI emitter? Looks like the high CRI SC64c LE does not match the specs even though its using a LH351D. Same with the right angle H600c Mk IV despite its upgrade to the XHP50.2. Not that going from 80+ to 90-95CRI is all that huge but, well frankly, if I could flip this to help pay for a update (that is truly an upgrade and not just a slightly redesigned emitter) then I would seriously consider it!

Robot Mania FU

Newly Enlightened
What about the specs are you concerned with it not matching the most? None of them will match the specs exactly. They will either be comparable or better. Plus, the ability to set any mode to whatever output you want is a big plus as well.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well when I say match I mean equal or bettter. The high cri options still seem to have some lumen losses despite the newer leds.

SYZYGY

Enlightened
i use the new UI (G6/G7 settings) on my ZLs, and i can't imagine going to one with the older UI. so there's that.

any newer ZL would be an upgrade in that sense.

Last edited:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd also add that the SC64w HI is a step-up in terms of quality of tint and beam. The XHP35 HI emitter they use in that is very nice. Good neutral tint, no green, and very even beam with no tint shift. But, no increase in output. It might even be a bit less.

Robot Mania FU

Newly Enlightened
Well when I say match I mean equal or bettter. The high cri options still seem to have some lumen losses despite the newer leds.

The high CRI will definitely have some lumen loss, however the difference between 828 and 1126 lumens isn't very noticeable unless they're directly side by side. The tint of the LH351D on the other hand, is noticeably better than everything else I've seen in the zebralight line up. The closest runner up tint wise would be the H600Fc. High CRI, 4000k and also has a higher output than the sc63w, but with the wider beam it will have less throw.

I would narrow it down to either:

SC64c LE if you really want high cri and the best tint zebralight has to offer with a MINOR drop in output
SC64w HI if you're okay with keeping your tint around the same (probably a little bit better) and want to gain some throw
H600Fc if you want high cri, more output, spread out in a wider beam with ability to use as a headlamp

Or just keep your sc63w.....it is an excellent light that sounds like you enjoy. There is really no NEED to change, but if you do....those are the best 3 lights zebralight has to offer IMO.