Makita DML812!!

325addict

Enlightened
Indeed, you may think: "Makita, I know that brand... from cordless drills!" And in that, you are right. But days have changed... today, Makita makes 200+ machines working on that single 18V LXT battery... among these, multiple lights.

Meet the new DML812: a HUGE head, incorporating a very deep reflector already tells what this light can do... it turns out to be an INSANE thrower!! You could light up your co-worker on stairs 60ft. up, and set him in a bright light, standing on the floor.
On the other hand, there's a flood mode also, which lights up your entire living room.
Third mode is a combined spot/flood which is the best of both worlds.

This light draws a full Amp from the 18V battery, so it has a power of 18 Watts! Insane...

If you already have the Makita 18V LXT system: GET IT!! If you do not own any Makita 18V LXT machine: get a basic system with 2 batteries AND this light ;-)

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only half as bright as my 2500 lumen Ridgid spotlight and even less compared to my 3000 lumen Milwaukee Rover floodlight. Even my old 1700 lumen Ryobi light has it beat on output. Makita tools are okay for being lightweight, but for that application I prefer Bosch. For power, I prefer Milwaukee Fuel and Ridgid brushless or permanent magnet motor tools. Best to standardize all tools including lights on one platform. For doing electrical work in the past, I mostly went with Milwaukee. Maybe Makita works best for your application. There are a lot of good tool lights out now in many brands.

325addict

Enlightened
You should experience the insane throw of this light... maybe it is beaten by a lot of lights in sheer Lumens, but most of these flashlights are more or less flooders. This one is BOTH, has separate LED's for throw and flood.

And if you would like sheer power in your power tools, try the new 40V max XGT Makita platform... I just ordered that HP001 with 68Nm of SOFT torque.

Only half as bright as my 2500 lumen Ridgid spotlight and even less compared to my 3000 lumen Milwaukee Rover floodlight. Even my old 1700 lumen Ryobi light has it beat on output. Makita tools are okay for being lightweight, but for that application I prefer Bosch. For power, I prefer Milwaukee Fuel and Ridgid brushless or permanent magnet motor tools. Best to standardize all tools including lights on one platform. For doing electrical work in the past, I mostly went with Milwaukee. Maybe Makita works best for your application. There are a lot of good tool lights out now in many brands.