Surefire E2e lens question

Ross

Enlightened
Hi folks, I'm after a new lens for my E2e and I need to get the EXACT measurements of it - I dont have the gear to measure the thickness etc so I was wondering if anyone with the necessary equipment could measure one for me?

Many thanks

Ross

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also to add to Doug's post (Why and then...),
This BST thread is looking for someone to purchase a SF E2e head.

The lens doesn't seem to be easily taken out, it seems to be pressure fitted into place; unless you know a secret.

Ross

Enlightened
Hi folks, I was simply wanting the best lens available so I emailed Chris at Flashlightlens.com and he asked me to get the specs for the E2e lens. Is the one on my E2e glass/pyrex/lexan etc etc? I must admit, I hadnt tried taking the old one out as yet....... Doug - PM sent

Flatscan

Enlightened
I think the information is on CPF, somewhere. Try searching the mod forum for posts regarding the E2+, which requires replacing the stock lens.

naromtap

Enlightened
Ross If you have the Satin Grey E2e then you have a polycarbonate lens, the black & green (Hard Anodised models) have a Pyrex lens.

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
An E2e lens is 22mm in diameter and 2.7mm in thickness. If you were looking for a UCL, a minimag(same diameter) and an o-ring would work.