Imalent        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Malkoff Lego Incan?

Default Malkoff Lego Incan?

I'm getting back into incandescent flashlights. Anyone know if a Malkoff MDC body can be used with an e-series incan head? I'd love to use the MDC body with a lumens factory round e-head. Thanks!

Default Re: Malkoff Lego Incan?

I have used my E2D incandescent head on my 2XAA Malkoff body and on my 16650 body. Didnít really like the looks of it but worked fine. Not sure if that helps.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Thanks. That's all I needed to know. Any chance you could post a picture of it? I'm just curious to see what it looks like. In my head I thought it would look good....

I put a Surefire P60 Xenon bulb into an MD2 the other day, kinda fun! Trying to figure out if I can get the H/L ring to function.....
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011
    List of my lights!

Quote Originally Posted by nmiller View Post
    Thanks. That's all I needed to know. Any chance you could post a picture of it? I'm just curious to see what it looks like. In my head I thought it would look good....
    As soon as I get home. You got it.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

The light engine inside this particular host isn't incandescent, but it will look the same otherwise ....

... is the archimedes peak

FWIW I run them vice versa and one of my best every day carry lights is a sure fire E2D body w/long 2/way pocket clip with the Malkoff single mode weapon light head on it w/a single 16650.

Thanks everyone.

Dot: Did the hi/low work?

Arch: Thanks for the photo. I can see why people may not like it, but it works for me.

Thermal: If you have the new ribbed MDC body I'd still like to see it.

I ordered the 1x123a body from Gene. I will have to place an order from Lumens factory soon.

Sorry only smooth. I hate the look of the new ones lol.

I like the smooth better too. However, I like the unshrouded switch on the new version. I guess I canít complain.

Thanks everyone.... Arch: Thanks for the photo. I can see why people may not like it, but it works for me....
    Sure, cheers. I don't really mind it either
    ... is the archimedes peak

Got to get a decent camera but.....

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    I put a Surefire P60 Xenon bulb into an MD2 the other day, kinda fun! Trying to figure out if I can get the H/L ring to function.....
    Oh Iím a gonna try this😁

Thermal: thanks for the picture. Looks good enough to me! Especially being all black. Let us know how the hi/low switch experiment goes.

It didnít 😁 get high just fine but not low. Probably kicks the voltage down to low for the incandescent to work.

Oh and just know you got to put some torque on the e series head to get it far enough on the body to make contact. Donít see how you would hurt anything but just letting you know

Thanks for the tip. I'm not surprised the hi/low didn't work. If it did that would be a pleasant surprise. Thanks for giving it a try.

In the late 1990's Don Keller did a 2C Legend prototype for Snap On with a high and a low switch. The low was about 60% of full output. Snap On said "no thanks" so the actual production never took place. Point being is if you can modify the high/low ring to reduce around 40% of the output that may work. But how would you modify a Malkoff hi/low ring? I dunno.
    If I recall correct something called a potetiometer was used in incan lights long ago. A dimmer switch if you will. So perhaps a P60 in an HDS with control ring would be better suited.
    John 3:16

Finally put this together. Lumens Factory head and bulb (40 lumens) with Malkoff MDC unshrouded body. I love it. Itís an excellent EDC/ backup light. So simple yet perfect.

I am planning to do this exact same thing with my MDC and have just ordered the head and lamps from LM. Im glad someone else did it too and is enjoying it.
    Last edited by Olumin; 11-07-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Thanks for the tip. I'm not surprised the hi/low didn't work. If it did that would be a pleasant surprise. Thanks for giving it a try.
    IIRC the resistor in the high low ring is reducing current whereas incan brightness s regulated off voltage. This is almost always the case with switches used to adjust LED brightness vs. switches for incan brightness.

Olumin: you will love it.

Lift: thanks for the explanation. Makes sense.

Flashaholic*

I tried Lumens Factory E-series head to Malkoff CR123 body. It fits but the clip press against the head and I don't want it to be scratched. Longer bodies will work better.

Interesting. Mine doesn't do that. The smooth head on the current mdc body is fine. I could see how the hex head could get scratched. With the hex head I'm not sure you could use it without bending the clip.

Hmm, I miss my incan Surefire 6P. Regret selling it years ago. I don't currently have an incan light in my collection now, but I'm drawn to the classic warm beam. I think I'm going to look and see what Lumens Factory has to offer.

Try one. I did a month or so ago and haven't used an led light since. Still have a couple but don't really use them. I have them for specific purposes only.

Did the very same thing and the parts arrived yesterday. Very happy with the result. Fantastic light with this module, perfect spill with no halo whatsoever, and a great, smooth hotspot with some good throw for 40Lm (seems a good bit brighter than that). Still looks good with the new head too.

40 lumens is definitely enough for most tasks. I still carry mine daily. Iím happy to hear you like yours. Enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Olumin View Post
    Did the very same thing and the parts arrived yesterday. Very happy with the result. Fantastic light with this module, perfect spill with no halo whatsoever, and a great, smooth hotspot with some good throw for 40Lm (seems a good bit brighter than that). Still looks good with the new head too.

Looks great bud,

So what are these head parts?

Lumens Factory Incan head with a 3V bulb of theirs too?

You got it. Lumens Factory smooth series head and the 3volt bulb. I didnít look, but I imagine they have a 3 volt led drop in for it too. Itís such a great edc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast