LED Lenser

Pattas29

Newly Enlightened
How do people rate LED lenser against fenix?

I know LED is supposed to have great warranty.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do people rate LED lenser against fenix?

I know LED is supposed to have great warranty.

The only LED Lenser lights I have had any experience with have been underwhelming, and over priced for the industry. I had an older P7 that was powered by 3xAAA cells and claimed 80 lumens of output, yet when I compared it to my old Surefire 6P incandescent, the Surefire easily over powered it. There was no circuitry in it. The LED was connected directly to the power source through an on/off switch with momentary function. The light was passed on to a friend once I received my first Thrunite P60 drop-in for that 6P. He is still using it years later but mostly in the house to find lost dog toys.

To be frank about warranties, you should never need one. Either the light works as it should without problem or you should replace it. Some quality control issues can be resolved by the warranty but mostly how I feel about those is that if it's a simple fix, I'd rather take care of it myself. If the issue is something more complicated or requires a company specific part to fix, I replace the light or put it on the shelf. To be fair though, I've not had any issue of that type since starting to accumulate flashlights. All of my other issues I have experienced to date have been related to contact surfaces or cell charge.

I guess I just wouldn't recommend anyone actually buy an LED Lenser. There are plenty of less expensive options that are better. As well as plenty of significantly better options that are only a little more costly.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only Led Lenser I ever remember using was a old P4 (2xAAA) which belongs to my farther. All I can say that it still works today even after 15+ years of use. Its not very bright, and the beam is not great, tint is quite blue, but it works. There are better options today that will last just as long, or longer, including Fenix.

Also: 69

tenor.gif

Last edited:

stephenk

Enlightened
The latest generation of Ledlensers are much improved over previous versions. Some models even have high-CRI, waterproof zoom mechanism, programmable UI, and they've finally got rid of the slow PWM. Unfortunately the price tag is still over the top.