HDS Systems        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Looking Flashlight (Brand)!

Default Re: Best Looking Flashlight (Brand)!

For me it has to be between the Hanko LF2XT

or Sinner Customs 18350RM

"America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."- Tennessee Williams

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by 808vudoo View Post
    So many great options out there but I still keep coming back to the Gizmo's....Don's been nailing it for years
    Loved those lights, and indeed some of the best looking ones!
    Had several Aleph 1, 2 and 3. Carried Aleph 2s, but the 3 was my favorite to play with.
    Man, those bring back memories. Don and Wayne(Sandwich Shoppe) made it possible for us tinkerers to have a hand in building our own super nice lights. I look around now, and modding seems almost pointless, at least from a practical standpoint, but back then the Aleph platform was revolutionary. Some snips and a soldering iron, and you could have a unique light that not only looked great, but could outperform any of the LED lights commercially available at the time. Being able to swap pills from a Lux III to V in the same light made them really versatile, too.

I liked the look of Icon's lights, because they were something different, especially at the time when it seemed like everybody was copying the Surefire 6P. For pictures I'll refer you back to bykfixer's post, all the way on the first page.

I like "busy" looking flashlights with lots of texture and things that look like they could be radiating surfaces. Knowing that, it's easy to understand why I like The Olight Warrior

in it's various models.

As a brand, I like the look of Streamlight, but it's because they're made by Streamlight. I'm indifferent to their design language, I like them because I feel that they offer consistent value for the money. From all I've heard, Surefire does too, but the money that they want for their value is more than I want to pay!

I'm also fond of calling myself a knuckle-dragger, so you should remember that when you read my opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorttime View Post

I'm also fond of calling myself a knuckle-dragger, so you should remember that when you read my opinions.
    Lol!

Most of Olights designs are quite clean, I just dislike the blue ring/bezel they put on most of their lights. Its brand recognition I know, but I just donít like the look of it. That warrior however looks great.

Another classic SF vote here. Hard to beat the simple appeal of my 6P, 9P, C2HA and C3HA hosts.

Welcome to CPF shorttime from a fellow knuckle dragger. Warrior lights are cool.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Welcome to CPF shorttime from a fellow knuckle dragger. Warrior lights are cool.

Thankya! I agree with Olumin that the contrasting bezel is branding, but they at least chose a kinda classy color.

Warrior lights could be seen as a genre of the tacticool flashlights. Companies like SOG, Bushnell and others have extreme looking tacticool numbers that in ordinary use are actually pretty good flashlights.

Three versions of Warrior lights.
    - Top is one PK designed for PowerTac that pushed the lumen line past 1000 sustained for the first time. In other words it had no step down thermal protection built in but dimmed as heat built up and physics took over.
    - Below is a possible direct clone of the Olight Warrior shown above (formerly called Javelot M20SX) (820 lumens). This one called the Warrior 820 by PowerTac looked and acted remarkably similar.
    - The 500 lumen Bushnell tacticool. It has a nifty slider lockout switch.

Enlightened

Classic Surefire. They were my first higher end flashlights and I still love the look of them.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Wow, this thread is amazing. So many awesome looking lights..which I had no idea existed, this could be bad for my bank account

Flashaholic*

I guess I have a couple avenues of appeal. I like the classic Surefires,INOVAs and Malkoffs for the no-nonsense practical look but I am also fond of PK's more stylish designs. The ICON lights or honestly most of the lights he has had a hand in the designing.

I can't say I always carry or even own all of the designs but they are what appeals to the eyes.
    Last edited by ZMZ67; 10-27-2020 at 09:56 PM.
    I respectfully reserve the right to purchase yet another light......

Unenlightened

I'd have to go with Okluma for me! All 3 of their models.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Another Surefire vote for me. My first high quality flashlight purchase was back in '08. A Surefire G2 with the Nitrolen body then an E2D Led Defender, then a Backup,L4,L1. etc. There's something about these lights that intrigues me, even after an 8 year break from this great hobby. I recently bought a Tactician and a 1000Lumen E2D Led Defender, Lord help me..

Flashaholic*

Myself, Iím a form follows function person. Peak makes some of my favorites.
    I do recall a sure fire made light for Porsche that looks fantastic...
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

Simple genious

"America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."- Tennessee Williams

boo5ted.. Lmao

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    I like silver colored.

L to R: foursevens Palladin titanium, PKDL PL2 polished alluminum, SureFire E1 cross hair gun metal, E2 tear drop gunmetal, de-anodized SureFire 6P, Inova X3 Snap On edition, 1940's Olin 2C with safety wand head, 1920 Ray-o-Lite 2D nickel plated miner light, 1980 Bright Star made generic 2C and member LightLover's all time favorite the polished alluminum Maglite D sized.

Something about the mighty EÖÖ

Top to Bottom: E2 tear drop, E2 defender, E2 executive

Some of my favorite art work lights are by PK's Icon brand.

Top to Bottom: The 2aa Solo, 1aa Rogue, the 1aa Modus.

And speaking of PK:

What he called the 6P 2.0 the FL2 LE in HA type 3 and copper kerekote with a modified clip from his PR-1 light.

I get stoked about a lot of other lights like a dark green Maglite, a yellow SureFire, a tan SureFire, any first generation Kel-Lite or the Bianchi B-Lite, a Malkoff MD2, orÖÖÖ

A ginormous 7D S&R light by Dog Supply House or a stock late model 6P.
    I love the old metal lights, but that old Ray-O-Lite takes the cake! I have a couple that I'm thinking of modding, but haven't gotten that far down the project list yet. Great collection!

That Ray-o-Lite has a bifocal waleye lens. A typical dome that spreads light and a focused center that also accented the forward throw. Lights of that era often had pure flood beams.

Pelican, Streamligjt and Surefire. The Surefire X300 just looks good.

I just fell in love! How old is that light and where would one be found...eBay...here?...I want it!!!

This is a Surefire M3 with an SW02 tailcap and RPM titanium crenelated bezel and TADCustoms Bi-pin module. This is one of my favorite Surefire builds. I purchased my M3 with bi-pin setup from a member here. The bezel is from a member here named RPM. He has all sorts of bezels for various Surefires. Surefire no longer makes the M3, however you can find them pretty regularly on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightestBulb View Post
    I just fell in love! How old is that light and where would one be found...eBay...here?...I want it!!!

Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?
    My flashlight videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9TIYcGeuBXa5m0

Thanks for all that good information! Whats a fair price for one as I don't even know what the MSRP was.

It varies quite a bit depending on condition. I want to say I purchased this for $140 or $160 and that's with the bi-pin kit, a bunch of spare bulbs, and a D36 LED drop-in. I thought it was a good price for what was included given that I typically see just a plain excellent condition M3 for around the same price. There are some on eBay now going for much more but they are brand new in box so it's more of a collectors premium. Then of course you have to add the titanium bezel and the SW02 tailcap.

This is kind of straying off topic here. If you want more info, please feel free to PM me.

To bring this back on topic, here is one custom light that I believe is one of the best looking lights I've ever seen. I'd trade one of my SPYs for this. Full custom light by CPF member DaFabricata. This was posted on his social media group. E-series compatible. McR-27 reflector, zirconium body. Absolutely gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by BrightestBulb View Post
    Thanks for all that good information! Whats a fair price for one as I don't even know what the MSRP was.
    Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?
    My flashlight videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9TIYcGeuBXa5m0

Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    The M6 doesnít seem to get too much good rep, but Iím glad someone brought it up. Itís a fantastic Looking light.

Quote Originally Posted by Olumin View Post
    The M6 doesnít seem to get too much good rep, but Iím glad someone brought it up. Itís a fantastic Looking light.

Thanks, they really got the lines right on this model.

2320 was a goody.
    Trouble prone switches did not help it against the mighty 6P when Pelican changed to it having a clicky. The kroll option left a big ole lump of a button poking out but a Malkoff tail cap fits it dandy.
    I liked the 2390 too.
    Last edited by bykfixer; Today at 06:20 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12