Voltage Range Question on the Magcharger Module

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up a Magcharger recently. No battery or charger, just the light. I currently have it up for sale, but since my friend likes the asflashlights Magcharger "Firefly" module in his, I'm thinking I might want to try it out.
I love the build quality of the Magcharger and wondering if it makes sense for me to keep it in the stable.

However, I don't want to step back in battery technology and buy the NIMH battery and charger since I already have a bunch of 18650's.
If I made a sleeve and spacer to fit the Magcharger, could I run that module with 1 or 2 18650's without overdriving/underdriving it too badly?

What about 3 D alkaline batteries?

Last edited:

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Either here or his site, I'm sure he will get back to you with the answer.

turbodog

Flashaholic
IIRC, it used (5) 1/2d cells for a 6 volt system. (this is for the original halogen bulb)

Sorry... misread original post.

Last edited:

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
The official word from Matt is the Firefly module for the Magcharger, the single-model 800-lumen version, can safely be run on one or two 18650's.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The official word from Matt is the Firefly module for the Magcharger, the single-model 800-lumen version, can safely be run on one or two 18650's.

Cool. Seems like the best way to run one would be on a pair of protected 26650's.