SHOT Show 2021 - CANCELLED

Attending SHOT Show 2021?

• I have been on a desert island, just what is SHOT Show?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I plan to attend but attendance and travel not yet confirmed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StuGatz

Enlightened
SHOT 2021

l2dpiiE.gif

So yeah, I've been away for a little longer than planned or preferred...

So yeah, now that I'm back, I'll pathetically proceed with pontification protocol...

So yeah, my notification arrived (as of this date, SHOT is a green light) while I was just a little distracted with NOT being on lock-down...

So yeah, YOU'RE a big winner if you noticed all of the references to P words, EXCEPT for that last line...

So the more important issue is, who plans to attend? :rolleyes:

So yeah, since SHOT Show is about ALL types of outdoor gear including knives, light devices / torches, firearms, etc, etc... Let the Mods throw lightning and brimstone to move this to a more proper section if needed.

Our SHOT Show credentials are allegedly in order (as if THAT has ever applied to me) and we are tentative for another SHOT Show Get Together that will be open to anyone that may make it even if you cannot attend the actual SHOT Show.

Otherwise, and without any commitment to the GET TOGETHER, who else is tentatively or positively en route to SHOT Show as they say? :cool:

Now be advised that in spite of rumors to the contrary, I am NOT dead yet (Monte Python pun intended) and that during SHOT, I MAY be in the company of a gaggle of nuns assigned to keep me on a more (more P words here) puritanical path so if Holy Water burns ye, keep your distance!

Cautionary Comment for anyone NOT already aware of proper SHOT Show etiquette:
This thread is NOT intended to initiate any requests for passes or attendance to the SHOT Show event. DO NOT contact anyone here (myself included) with requests for a SHOT Show pass or attendance. Every prospective attendee MUST process their own credentials for SHOT Show.

StuGatz

Enlightened
Re: SHOT Show 2021 - Who Goes There?

This is the heads-up display in the Media Lounge from January 2020. :duh2:

StuGatz

Enlightened

SHOT Show 2021 CANCELLED :banghead: :duck: :poof:

But we will endeavor to persevere... :cool: :cool: :cool:

The notice:

NSSF® Announces 2021 SHOT Show® Cancellation

Statement from NSSF President & CEO Joe Bartozzi:

Due to the recent rise in COVID-19 cases throughout the world, NSSF, the firearm industry trade association, today makes the difficult announcement that the 2021 SHOT Show has been cancelled.

NSSF has remained in constant communication with Nevada officials throughout the year in our planning for the 2021 show. While there has been a concerted effort to expand the allowable levels for large gatherings by the county and state, with positivity rates peaking during our key planning period we have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2021 show. Sadly, these spikes are currently transpiring worldwide. Given the sheer complexities, diminishing timeline and immense logistical planning required to conduct a trade show as large as SHOT, NSSF simply could not move forward at this point with so many unknowns and variables. We truly appreciate the guidance of Nevada and Las Vegas officials in allowing us to communicate this news to our exhibitors and attendees well in advance of the show. We would also like to thank the Sands directly for their help and efforts to navigate this unprecedented situation.

The planning and work that has gone into the 2021 SHOT Show has been nothing short of remarkable. Since the pandemic began in early 2020, the NSSF staff and our show partners have been working around the clock to plan our largest show in history while keeping the health and safety of all involved as paramount.

The support of our show exhibitors this year has also been nothing short of remarkable. With three months to go until the show, floor space for both the Sands Expo Center and our expansion to the new Caesars Forum was nearly sold out, with more companies than ever before represented at the SHOT Show.

All of this positions us for a 2022 SHOT Show that will be undoubtedly the best in our industry's history, and we look forward to bringing our entire community together again at a show that will be one to remember.

During the coming year, NSSF asks for our industry's unwavering support as we continue our fight to promote, protect and preserve our industry in these unsettling times.

Throughout this year, NSSF has remained at the forefront for our industry. As thousands of businesses across the country were shuttered as being "non-essential" during the pandemic, NSSF worked nonstop to have firearm retailers, ranges, manufacturers and distributors listed as "essential" which allowed them to remain open for business.

NSSF is your trade association. Everything we do—from education, safety initiatives, compliance and security resources, import/export guidance, consumer activation initiatives, government relations, and the SHOT Show—is aimed at helping businesses in our industry succeed. Now, more than ever, we need your continued support.

StuGatz

Enlightened

In addition to SHOT Show and as of Mon, 2 NOV 2020 the cancellation now includes Industry Day at the Range, a separate but affiliated event that was POSSIBLY going to remain green-lit but is now also cancelled.

Also now cancelled is Antique Arms Show originally scheduled for the weekend preceding SHOT.

That is all...