Early Surefire 6P with packaging and DL223AC battery

pro2

Newly Enlightened
Here are some pix of an early Surefire 6P for reference, at the request of a member, before I move this lamp along to a collector.

Cheers.

RAusoA.jpg

Jn1OKh.jpg

Ua6nvX.jpg

K65zfS.jpg

gQyVrX.jpg

VFRl3J.jpg

XpxpEa.jpg

NMUwAA.jpg

NRnx0J.jpg

JsyvCD.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic
I have a question about the bezel pictured above ....

Are those ( three ? ) small set-screws there in the bezel ?

Any chance of a macro-type close-up photo on those ?

Thanks !

EDIT - Also, what does the label on the lamp read ? Photos of that would also be of interest.

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
How old is that lithium battery ?

If you ask me, that thing is in horrible shape. No collectible value at all. I'll gladly save you the embarrassment and take it off your hands for a small fee. I won't charge you much.

altermann

Enlightened
I have a question about the bezel pictured above ....

Are those ( three ? ) small set-screws there in the bezel ?

Any chance of a macro-type close-up photo on those ?

Thanks !

EDIT - Also, what does the label on the lamp read ? Photos of that would also be of interest.

They definitely are traces from impact crown screwsImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1603024401.222592.jpg

Last edited:

pro2

Newly Enlightened
There are four equally spaced indentations on the exterior of the bezel... looking closer, they look like were left behind by set screws.

The bulb doesn't appear to be anything special, label states "6V Lamp * Laser Products *P60"

bykfixer

Flashaholic
TG the R60 went into the 6R light, which was the one with the extension and blue battery. It had a wee bit less output for slightly better runtime. (50 lumens instead of 65 or something similar).

pro2

Newly Enlightened
Ok thanks. I'm guessing that might be a later vintage replacement lamp.

If the Laser Systems labeled P60 module isn't correct for this vintage, what should be in it? I am not arguing, I am simply not finding anything that supports your "guess." Fill us in, we are all here to learn.

archimedes

Flashaholic
If the Laser Systems labeled P60 module isn't correct for this vintage, what should be in it? I am not arguing, I am simply not finding anything that supports your "guess." Fill us in, we are all here to learn.

According to the thread link I had already posted above, and the exact generation of this flashlight, that could possibly be the 6L / 6LF.

CPF member @ampdude would know better than I.

SureFire had a tendency (especially in the early days) of "overlapping" rolling changes in parts / tech / design / naming / labeling / packaging / etc.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic

It looks like some of your paperwork references the 6LF replacement lamp, although (of course) there is no guarantee that is necessarily of the same "vintage" as the flashlight, and (as stated above) SF was known to "reuse" prior packaging and such with later "upgraded" models.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
To add: it also mentions duracell batteries Arch. (7th photo down.) That is what made me think P60 not R60. PK once told me the 6R was aimed at police and rescue folks and the R60 gave them more runtime between charges. If you ever see an R60 versus a P60 you'll see throw is nearly identical for locating perps and injured people but the spill is noticeably less.

Last edited:

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fascinating! That's a beautiful light! Never knew there were 6V batteries wrapped up like that.

My M3 also has scars from a GG&G T.I.D. Handy piece of kit in the right context.

Afraid.of.dark

Newly Enlightened
I am a beginner in the flashlight world but that 6V battery really seems odd. I don't remember seeing a 6V lithium battery before. Is that usually found in the wild or?

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
That battery got my interest as well, I've got the 6P and 9P of a similar vintage but it would be interesting to know the dimensions of the DL223AC battery. Does it have any mAh details on the exterior?

Last edited: