Malkoff        

Thread: Streamlight TL3 is pretty awesome

Default Streamlight TL3 is pretty awesome

So I have been getting into incandescent lights a little bit again and got a great deal on a few of these. Wow. Old old school but damn things are bright, throw a ton and are way better then I thought they would be. Not really going anywhere with this post just wanted to voice my opinion 😁
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Default Re: Streamlight TL3 is pretty awesome

Does it have the adjustable beam? I bought an early version of the TL2 that was adjustable. Much like vintage lights adjusting to flood put out a donut hole in the beam and filament shadow but it was a cool idea anyway. To me the coolest idea was a Burgess that had a sliding collar that slid beside the bulb and blocked light from beside the bulb. That was until Tonys famous cam'd reflector.

The TL3 was pretty dawg gone bright for such a small light. Those 3 extra volts looked like a lot more than that.
    John 3:16

Ya it will adjust lol but if used with it not focused itís a pretty nasty looking beam.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

One of my favorite old school lights. I had the Carley bulb in one what a monster.
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

I have two of them. One has what looks like the standard bulb and itís bright as hell very little spill all throw. My other has a longer frosted bulb and that thing is fantastic! Totally different beam. Lots of spill and still a ton of throw. Not sure what bulb is in there but wouldnít mind getting a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Streamlight TL3 is pretty awesome
    Many people powered it by pair of 17500 and upgrade the bulb with CL1499
    but I went with
    2x18650 version and FM1794

Flashaholic*

I always wanted to like the TL-3, but never could because the bi-pin bulbs on mine would always pull out of the socket when I adjusted the focus. I'm not very trusting of bi-pin bulbs to begin with so that always kept me from hanging on to any TL-3's for long. They are really nice looking lights though.
    ampdude

Really? Havenít had that happen to me yet. I know some take the small O-ring out of the reflector to help stop that from happening

Quote Originally Posted by ampdude View Post
    the bi-pin bulbs on mine would always pull out of the socket
    Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    some take the small O-ring out of the reflector to help stop that from happening
    Orange o'ring on reflector is designed for centering the bulb which is too tight and grabbing it with too much force causing the problem.
    If you remove it then you should manually center the bulb for best possible beam shape.