Armytek Wizard Pro XHP50.2 V4

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any specs on cri for the warm version? I've been pleasantly happy with the tint and cri of my wizard pro.

desmobob

Enlightened
What's the current consensus on ArmyTek headlamp quality? I have four ArmyTek lights: a Wizard Pro XM-L2 warm, Tiara C1 Pro Cree XP-L, Predator Pro and Viking Pro. My Tiara C1 Pro started draining its battery and was replaced by ArmyTek under warranty this spring. I just mailed my Wizard Pro to China for warranty replacement. No issues with the Predator or Viking flashlights so far, but they see very little use.

So... I'm 0-for-2 on ArmyTek headlamps. I chose them because they seemed to be built far more ruggedly than the normal camping headlamps by Petzl, Black Diamond, etc. That has certainly not been my experience so far with both headlamps failing not due to hard use, but due to electronic failure. I'm getting discouraged.

Bob

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the current consensus on ArmyTek headlamp quality? ...

I own 4 Armytek lights, 3 of them headlamps (XM-L2, XP-L, and Nichia), and have not had any total failures. I did return my XP-L Prime C1 for a warranty exchange because it would flicker when subjected to mild mechanical shock. The XP-L equipped Wizard Pro also has the same flicker issue with mechanical shock, but I did not bother returning it. No issues at all with the XM-L2 and Nichia equipped headlamps.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have owned lots of Wizards, 9 at this point I think. I only have 3 that still work. One of the broken ones was well used, but the other failures happened with little to no use. Buy through a reputable retailer like Killzone flashlights so you can rely on their warranty service.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have owned lots of Wizards, 9 at this point I think. I only have 3 that still work. One of the broken ones was well used, but the other failures happened with little to no use. Buy through a reputable retailer like Killzone flashlights so you can rely on their warranty service.

You've had good luck with Killzone getting involved with warranty ? I almost bought some lights from them but after reading the warranty disclosure it sounded like you were on your own with the manufacturer if there were problems.
I won't buy another Armytek unless I have a dealers help with warranty. The Armytek company itself is purposely difficult to deal with.

desmobob

Enlightened

That's not the kind of news I was hoping to read. :shakehead

I guess I'd rather have a headlamp I could rely on rather than a warranty provider I could rely on, if you know what I mean. What a bummer... the ArmyTek lights would be my easy favorites if they were as durable as their design and marketing would suggest.