Lumintop GT94 4*SBT90.2 1.65Mcd Search Light, with attached pics. :)

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Manage Attachments function window is not available in The CPF Mall > CPF Vendors > freeme's Deals > Lumintop GT94 4*SBT90.2 1.65Mcd Search Light - Preorder topic thread when I go advanced reply, so I am forced to attach my pics somewhere else, which is gonna be here. :)

I just got my GT94 delivered to me by DHL. The enclosed instruction set document looks like it is nicely detailed. Texas Avenger driver, Narsil user interface. The battery carrier looks like something that is not for the electro-mechanically challenged person. I was able to get the cells and the carrier functioning properly the first time, no repeated attempts were necessary. The head has a heavy-quality feel, lots of heat sinking. The cooling fins look like they really were designed to be cooling fins, not just a visual afterthought; so there should be plenty of heat sinking and heat dissipation.

I have to wait eight hours for the dawn of the new flashlight day. It was gonna be nine hours, but I spent one hour futily trying to figure out how I could attach pics in this lights' mother thread. So, in eight hours, I will see for myself how much more it throws compared to the X65 and the R90TS. I am visualizing narrower beam than the R90TS and a little bit more wider beam than the X65. Mine came with orange peel reflector, but word on the street is that Neal will be mailing smooth reflectors some time in the future. This will be an opportunity to see for myself the difference in observable throw for smooth versus op reflectors.

Attached pics: Astrolux (BG brand of Mateminco) MF05 single 90.2, 8 x 18650; Lumintop GT94 4 x 90.2, 8 x button top 18650; Imalent R90TS 18 x xhp35, 8 x 21700 pack; Acebeam X65 5 x xhp35, 8 x 18650 pack.

This light is a very exciting item, because after a four year wait, it is the first light to have both significantly more lumens and significantly more throw than the X65.

Attachments

• GT94 tall.jpg
    GT94 tall.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 248
  • GT94.jpg
    GT94.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 251

Magio

Enlightened
I got my GT94 the other day and it's a big light, but man the MF05 is huge lol. Can't wait for beamshots.

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I celebrated the dawn of the new flashlight day by taking a little trip with the X65, R90TS and GT94op. The X65 and R90TS both show the same amount of light on target at 650 meters, and the same maximum usable throw distance of about 800 meters. The GT94op bests the X65 and the R90TS by putting more light on target 650 meters, and by extending maximum usable throw distance to about 1,000 meters. The additional throw that the GT94op has over the other two lights is enough to make me very happy that I added this light to my power thrower collection.

I don't have the proper equipment to take useful beamshots.

Magio

Enlightened
Yeah the GT94 is the most impressive flashlight out there at the moment in my opinion. HID used to reign supreme for long throw with high lumen but the GT94 has blown right passed even the best of them. And it can do it without stepping down. Pretty amazing engineering feat

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah the GT94 is the most impressive flashlight out there at the moment in my opinion. HID used to reign supreme for long throw with high lumen but the GT94 has blown right passed even the best of them. And it can do it without stepping down. Pretty amazing engineering feat
I agree with your statement.

Today, on the German forum, HARDUS posted GT4 and GT94 comparison beamshot video: taschenlampen-forum.de/threads/lumintop-gt4-incoming.68291/page-2#post-1088768

Thank you, HARDUS!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wow this is crazy awesume light but dang way out of my budget

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow this is crazy awesume light but dang way out of my budget

I amply fund my light budget by eating lots of ultra cheap plain oatmeal and ultra cheap plain bean product (tofu) and cheap plain wheat bread and cheap plain whole fresh veggies and zero animal products and zero salty and sugary snacks and drinking only plain tap water. The resultant cash boost goes into exciting flashlights of all sizes. Net result: As healthy and happy as can possibly be, considering this evil age on the hostile surface of this earthy, temporary kingdom.

The GT94 was just released, but if all goes as normal for new light releases, this light is the new king of power throwers. The combination of beam performance and beam profile is one notch more amazingly stunning that of the X65. That's saying a lot. Cut back on some fat somewhere (soda, fast food, cigs, etc) and get this light.

-------------
Phil 1:21-24

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I amply fund my light budget by eating lots of ultra cheap plain oatmeal and ultra cheap plain bean product (tofu) and cheap plain wheat bread and cheap plain whole fresh veggies and zero animal products and zero salty and sugary snacks and drinking only plain tap water. The resultant cash boost goes into exciting flashlights of all sizes. Net result: As healthy and happy as can possibly be, considering this evil age on the hostile surface of this earthy, temporary kingdom.

The GT94 was just released, but if all goes as normal for new light releases, this light is the new king of power throwers. The combination of beam performance and beam profile is one notch more amazingly stunning that of the X65. That's saying a lot. Cut back on some fat somewhere (soda, fast food, cigs, etc) and get this light.

-------------
Phil 1:21-24
not a smoker never once even tried it. but soda pop i do enjoy

Magio

Enlightened
I agree with your statement.

Today, on the German forum, HARDUS posted GT4 and GT94 comparison beamshot video: taschenlampen-forum.de/threads/lumintop-gt4-incoming.68291/page-2#post-1088768

Thank you, HARDUS!

Hey thanks for that link! Pretty happy I went with the GT94. Still has a lot of spill while throwing a super long range.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're welcome.

The GT94 is continuing to quicken my pulse as top of the heap for both the big flashlight classification and also the power thrower classification.
Compared to the X65: The GT94 has both noticeably more power and also noticeably more throw. The beam profile and performance can be simply visualized as the X65 beam that is boosted via both more throw and more power, with both of these two flashlights having similar beam profile that is the perfect balance of not to narrow and not too wide.

Compared to R90TS: The GT94 beam profile is narrower than the R90TS, but more throw with much less self-glare on distant target. Take the R90TS beam, and make it longer and narrower, and you then have the GT94 beam. The R90TS has more power that is useful for wider beam at less range, but the GT94 puts more light on a mid-size target at longer range, with crisper view via less self-glare.

For the most LED light on the furthest target with crisper view via the least amount of self glare, the largest dedicated thrower, which is the MT90/MF05, is tops. At the other end of the spectrum, the most amount of light on the widest area calls for the MS18.

Also, the K75 is significantly superseded by the MT90/MF05.

I skipped the GT4 because it has both less power and also less throw than the R90TS. But since it has long runtime at the specs that it does have, it is a great choice for such a thing.

This is my summery of compare/contrast the big lights beam performance/profile: MT90/MF05, K75, GT94, X65, R90TS, MS18 and GT4.

Every time I earmark the money to buy light measuring tools and photographic equipment to take usable measurements and beamshots, so I can post reviews, it goes to another light.

nitebrite

Enlightened
I understand the throw of these lights. I do not understand why so many people are interested in such large/heavy lights. I would guess that ultimately they would not be used much. who am i to say.....

Magio

Enlightened
I understand the throw of these lights. I do not understand why so many people are interested in such large/heavy lights. I would guess that ultimately they would not be used much. who am i to say.....

I don't know how large the demand is for large heavy lights. Im sure the smaller edc light outsell something like the GT94 several times over. These lights are probably bought mostly by hardcore enthusiast and maybe people for search and rescue.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know how large the demand is for large heavy lights. Im sure the smaller edc light outsell something like the GT94 several times over. These lights are probably bought mostly by hardcore enthusiast and maybe people for search and rescue.

Well, most Ford Raptor truck owners are already owners of smaller, less-powerful version of trucks.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
This just in: The second sample of BLF GT94 that I ordered on October 31 just came in, it has a Smooth reflector. :)

I have to wait six more hours for the dawn of the new flashlight day, to see if there is any visible difference of the amount of light on a medium size target 750 meters away. My guess now is that there will be no subjective difference in beam profile/beam performance to my eyes, one reason being that the first one with OP is more like a light op reflector.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a very small difference between the orange peel versus the smooth reflector in side by side comparison with target at 750 meters. The main cellular tower is just a little bit clearer, crisper and brighter with the smooth reflector, with both battery carriers reading 16.70 volts with digital multitester. For the longer ranges of this light, the smooth reflector is better. At shorter ranges, the orange peel reflector is ok.
On short range wall, the orange peel reflector has smoother beam transitions.
I recorded GoPro video of the long range comparison, and in playback of the video, no difference can be seen. The same with snapshots.