Beta Magnetic

nbp

Flashaholic
Ooooh this looks very interesting. Single mode hi cri mule with a novel UI? You have my attention.

SmCaudata

Newly Enlightened
Neat. I like those pale blue batteries. Bought a couple of big packs of 8 aa and 8 aaa. Im going to use them in some various devices I have that don't work well at 1.2 v. Trying to be done with alkalines....

archimedes

Flashaholic
I saw the ad copy quoting "Why is it called a mule ? No idea" and wishing that credit could be properly given to McGizmo for that ...

.... I have always appreciated the shear utility of a flood and although it is the least impressive of a light to show, it is often the most effective and useful light to use. :) ....

I have discussed this with Wayne and I figure I will design a PD version as well as an Aleph version. Since these lights are the antithesis of an exotic or "super" flashlight, I decided to call the series the Mules. Stocky in appearance and dependable for the mundane.... I think this is one of the most useful and practical lights I have designed so far. Great on flux and and an all time looser on lux! :nana: ....

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
One of my favorite CPF posts ever from Souptree:

"That crowd's not booing! They're yelling "Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuule!"

🤣🤣

Newguy2012

Enlightened
Neat. I like those pale blue batteries. Bought a couple of big packs of 8 aa and 8 aaa. Im going to use them in some various devices I have that don't work well at 1.2 v. Trying to be done with alkalines....

Do you know if the self discharge is similar to NiMH? Interesting concept... the battery capacity is half of a typical aaa? I like the convenient charging system. How long is take to charge a single battery? It charges USB 2.0 power level?

HRace

Newly Enlightened
Is the LED color temp listed anywhere? Sounds like a neat light.

Newguy2012

Enlightened
Is the LED color temp listed anywhere? Sounds like a neat light.

The led temp isn't listed but I can guess it's be 4000k like the beta. That's the temp I prefer but it would nice to have more options since yuji offers the whole gamut.

HRace

Newly Enlightened
Nice!! Thank you. Works for me. I wouldn't mind a variety of LED temperatures but didn't want anything cool. I missed the preorder so will watch for in stock.

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
40 lumens of 4000K Yujiness? Very Nice indeed.

Spyderco, maker of very useful knives, uses the term mule to indicate a standard sheath knife shape that is offered in different, special steels that consumers can try out. Users create scales for it.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
US military also used the term MULE; Multifunction Utility Logistics Equipment.. 2cyl 4w open flat bed runabout vehicle that would haul troops or equipment just about anywhere..

Beta Mule Yuji from Dark Sucks, twisty and new ano colors!:drool:

Last edited:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely intrigued by this little guy. Please tell me they resisted the temptation of making the "reflector cup" glow in the dark, I'd hate for it to have such a beautiful LED only for it to have a nasty green halo around it like Zebralight's mules and the old 4Sevens Preon mule.

HRace

Newly Enlightened
Can I use a clip? Despite the cool feature of it turning on when the quick release is removed, I would rather use the clip and just have a normal Beta mule. Sounds like that would never let the light turn on, is that correct? If so I may just remove the quick release and run it by the traditional twisty mode.

Anyone have an idea how to run a clip with this? I can just email Jason also.

Newguy2012

Enlightened
Can I use a clip? Despite the cool feature of it turning on when the quick release is removed, I would rather use the clip and just have a normal Beta mule. Sounds like that would never let the light turn on, is that correct? If so I may just remove the quick release and run it by the traditional twisty mode.

Anyone have an idea how to run a clip with this? I can just email Jason also.
I think it's better if you email him. There's a magnet on the bass QR once you disengage it the light turns on. The question is can the light be turn off if you use the clip? I'm guessing you can turn it off with a twist like the beta.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered mine earlier, can't wait! For some reason I thought the $69.00 price tag on the site was the preorder price, was happy to see it at $52.00 when I preordered.