Acebeam repair

Richard Costin

Newly Enlightened
Hi all.

My Acebeam K60 has suddenly stopped working and is in need of a repair! Does anyone have any experience with their support department?

Thanks,
Richard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

klrman

Newly Enlightened
My only experience with acebeam is that they never replied to me when I asked them about a problem with my X80. I emailed a few times with different emails but no response. Then I emailed them about be a reseller for their lights and they replied faster than the speed of light, so although I have three acebeam lights I don't really trust them.

nitebrite

Enlightened
Anything Chinese, consider it disposable. Unless they have USA repair. That being said I would toss a $200 Surefire light. Not worth my time. A $1500 light might be a different story to me.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, forget repairing most lights. Unless they will pay for your shipping (which is very unlikely), it's just not worth it.

But if the light is almost new, and you paid with Paypal, check to see if Paypal will reimburse your shipping costs. I think that's something you get as part of your paypal guarantee.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything Chinese, consider it disposable. Unless they have USA repair. That being said I would toss a $200 Surefire light. Not worth my time. A $1500 light might be a different story to me.

I hope the mods won't take this as a slight to the op or the rules here, but anytime you have a $200 light you're getting rid of, I'll gladly pay for shipping [emoji51]

nitebrite

Enlightened
I do not see anything offensive about your comment. However, what do you want with a broken flashlight? Say I ship UPS air so it is $25 or so. To me it would hardly be worth that for a broken flashlight of any value. The key word here is "broken". As in non functioning, IE: useless. It is highly doubtful that you could repair it unless you were very versed in electronics. In which case you are, just ignore everything I said. Otherwise I personally see no point. I guess everyone has different motives.

Anyways, if it is any consolation the OP had rather bad luck. Acebeam is one of the most reliable brands right now.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last $300 broken light I got came in a kit with batteries and 4-bay charger. One of the battery's protection circuits were bad from the factory, and I had a brand new light just by replacing a bad battery. I bought a sunwayman tank (d40c) because the other 2 he had stopped working. As it turns out, the wiring harness came loose and a tiny bit of glue before plugging it back in was the only thing it needed. Sometimes you get lucky.

Richard Costin

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all.
Having a bit of a slow dialog over email with them now. They seem very keen for the vendor to fix the issue even though I have said I am happy to pay for a easy, speedy repair.

Will update when I have a resolution or not!

Richard Costin

Newly Enlightened
Hi, it is now on its way to them for repair. Took a little prodding but not too bad. [emoji1695]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Richard Costin

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, just an update on this.

The torch arrived back with me yesterday and all working perfectly now. Took a little while but Acebeam stood by their product and repaired it, all I had to do was pay the output postage from the UK which was about £12 so not to bad at all.
I will definitely consider Acebeam again for future purchases.

Cheers,
Rich

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

The torch arrived back with me yesterday and all working perfectly now. Took a little while but Acebeam stood by their product and repaired it, all I had to do was pay the output postage from the UK which was about £12 so not to bad at all.

Cheers,
Rich

Great to hear! Getting ready to get another Acebeam....

Rhodie

Newly Enlightened
Looking to buy the EC65 Nitchia Model, got the TK18 Nitchia and really liking the tint... So this is good to know.

GSMGuy

Newly Enlightened
Don't suppose you have a contact email for them? I'm in the UK and my very lightly used K60 died last year and isn't that old. Certainly still within warranty..

Thanks

Cheers,
Rich
Don't suppose you have a contact email for them? I'm in the UK and my very lightly used K60 died last year and isn't that old. Certainly still within warranty..

Thanks

Mike

msrowley

Newly Enlightened
I bought an Acebeam X80 a month ago. Great flashlight, very pleased with it. However, one of the blue led's has now stopped working. I emailed Acebeam and in their reply, they said to send back just the head portion for repair. I really don't like sending it back to China for repair and waiting for (who knows) how long to get it back.

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same experience with a headlamp I have from Acebeam. That's the cost of buying products that aren't made in your country.

msrowley

Newly Enlightened
I received my X80 back from Acebeam. It works completely, but there is a problem. Examination of the flashlight shows a number of dings and dents with one big dent. It looks like someone abused it with a vise and a big wrench. Inside, the battery contact surface is notably worn and scratched. I contacted Acebeam, they wanted pictures. I sent pictures, they told me it was shipping damaged. I told them no, the product was well packaged.

Now they sent an email yesterday suggesting that the wrong X80 was sent back and offered to replace it with the right one. I don't know how they are going to send back the original one, hopefully they just give me a new one. Will post an update when I get the replacement.