• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Cheers to Coast

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Recently at work it was discovered I know a bit about flashlights. Work took place at night. On this one night it was like I was the ice cream man on an Arizona summer day having a two for one sale. After I had fixed all the lights that could be fixed with spring stretches, new batteries and what-not this one fellow hands me a Coast PX25 and says if I can get it working keep it.

Leakers had gotten paste everywhere and the guy had done a pretty good job cleaning contact points. I contacted Coast because their website did not show 3aaa battery carriers for this model. I said "if I can't get it to work is a part available?" That was at about 6am ET on a Saturday morning. At about 10am my time I got a note from the president of Coast saying click here for a part. I clicked the link that asked for a photo of the light. No problem. Later that day I got an email saying "your order has been processed". Frankly I forgot about it. I was unsuccessful at getting electricity flow in all three portions of the old battery carrier.

Today a box from Coast was on my porch. Cool, a new battery carrier, lets see this baby in action. I had never seen a PX25 so I was curious. Inside was not a new battery carrier but a brand new HX25 in a gift box with holster, wrist strap and some copper top leakers. It's got a beam that reminds me of my SureFire EB-1C.

Anyway, big shout out to Coast for that. And btw some ultimate lithiums will be used not those copper top things.

Last edited:

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's pretty awesome. I like a lot of Coast lights and could use some more of them. Say, if you still have the president's email, consider sending him a link to some neutral and warm white emitters with high CRI. Why does it seem every manufacturer defaults to all 6500K color temperatures? There are lot of nice color temperatures to choose from between 2000K and 5200K.