Bored Surefire 6P's and Bored Elzetta Bravo's

This question proved to be a bit esoteric for the search engine.

I have several 6P's and Bravo's from Oveready/TorchLab that were bored for the 18650 cells of that time. The (now-defunct) AW 18650 cells and current Efest IMR 18350's fit well, but the relatively new Keeppower 18650's need to be squeezed in so tightly that I fear the wrapper and protection circuit will be compromised. I prefer not to remove the labels if possible. But eventually my AW's will reach the end of their natural lives. Does anyone know of a quality brand that will fit these hosts (they were bored to 18.65mm, and the Keeppowers mic out at 18.75 on the protection strip), or should I attempt to remove some aluminum using a dowel and sandpaper as some have done before? Thank you.

TJ

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
What dropins are you using in these lights? If they have low voltage protection, then I would just run unprotected cells.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out specs on Sanyo 18650GA unprotected. They should fit without any issues
I run the Sanyo in my OR BOSS, they're inexpensive, built tough and dependable

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I'm sort of surprised the Keepowers fit at all, the ones I had from three years back wouldn't even go in my bored Bravo...I now use unprotected (the aforementioned Sanyo) with a Malkoff drop in. I relegated the Keepowers to other lights that will take the extra girth.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to say the driver used in his dropins do have LVP. In fact, the label he has on the dropins should have voltage ranges. 2.8v-6v I believe. If so, then you're good to go.

Good point. Thank you. I'm mostly running high power Customlites (triples, XM-L2, and XP-L HI). I'll have to email Dave when he's back.

I'm sort of surprised the Keepowers fit at all, the ones I had from three years back wouldn't even go in my bored Bravo...I now use unprotected (the aforementioned Sanyo) with a Malkoff drop in. I relegated the Keepowers to other lights that will take the extra girth.

I wouldn't say that they fit, exactly. I didn't get them very far in before getting nervous. I run the Bravo's on 2 IMR 18350's to squeeze 900Lm out of them (like a Charlie) and use the KeepPowers in Malkoff's and Modlites and a SF Dual Fuel.

Andrew LB

Newly Enlightened
I bored mine out myself and use a single LG HG2 with an 8x AMC7135 3a nanjg 105c driver and a Cree XM-L2 4000k direct copper mcpcb mounted in a drop in I made from a slug of solid copper. Works great. Gets a bit warm though running full power. I think i bored mine out slightly more than the pre-made ones you have. I can use Samsung 25r's in there too.
[h=1]
[/h]