NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        

Thread: New member confused

Default New member confused

Hi there,I am a long-standing member bet but new poster.
    I am trying to gauge the rarity/desirability of a flashlight I have with a view to putting it up for sale or keeping it.
    my first post asked for opinions on value which I now appreciate was against the rules after being kindly informed by a mod.
    He advised I use the search facility to find the information I am looking for.
    I have tried without success.
    I now find myself back to square one,so Iím asking what is the acceptable protocol for me to get the opinions of much more experienced flashlight guys on the piece that I have and how to go about ascertaining a fair value.
    I am a member of several online forums and assure you I am not just out to get info and run,I do enjoy flashlights and want to use the proceeds of the potential sale to buy a more up to date replacement,again I would like to call on the forums advice for this,what should I do next ?
    Best NRJ

Default Re: New member confused

Ultimately Something is worth what someone will pay for it. If you want to sell it, you can do some Internet searches to see what other people are selling them for here, popular auction sites, etc. Unless it is exceptionally rare you will find prior sales. Or put it for up sale for what you think itís worth/want to get for it. If it doesnít sell then you can either lower the price or pull it and keep it.

So can I just put it up for sale on these forums with a low post count.?

Yes with a supporter badge you can.

Iíve had a good search around,it seems that the value of this flashlight is more than I paid for the piece when I bought it new in Bass Pro Shop in Orlando Fla.
    Having given it a little thought,I think itís something Iíll hang onto,for old times sake.I really ought to carry and use it,however it is absolutely mint,unmarked and I think it will just end up back in the drawer itís been sat in since new.
    Maybe I should give it to someone to put a bit of wear on,a few rub marks and scratches,maybe then I wonít be so precious about it,cíest la vie

The best flashlights are the ones that come with stories. Mark that thing up with some adventures, youíll appreciate it even more. Thereís not much being produced anymore that is quite like the old school Surefire incans. They are a nice thing to hang on to. Check out Lumens Factory for parts and lamps that may help increase the utility of the light for you. Go forth and conquer the dark!

Flashaholic*

I read all info on this from the topic starter, but only from the comments from a moderator I MAY draw the conclusion that this is all about... a Surefire light?? There's really NO info, HOW on earth can we all guess the value of it, if we cannot know WHAT light is meant here??

Quote Originally Posted by 325addict View Post
    I read all info on this from the topic starter, but only from the comments from a moderator I MAY draw the conclusion that this is all about... a Surefire light?? There's really NO info, HOW on earth can we all guess the value of it, if we cannot know WHAT light is meant here??
    Yes, this thread was created in reference to another (since deleted) thread, and the above moderator reply was to explain that action to OP.

As such, it has served it purpose and can be closed now. I will also move it to the Q/P/S forum, as it doesn't really specify the flashlight (although it was indeed referring to an incandescent)
    ... is the archimedes peak