Tactical 1" format rear clicky >20000cd with easy access to strobe

7tisix

Newly Enlightened
Looking for Tactical 1" head format rear clicky >20000cd with easy access to strobe. I have a Nitecore P12GT, but I find the side button too hard to locate quickly. I really like the look of the Klarus XT series, but I'm not comfortable with the lower candelas. If I need to blind somebody, I would feel more confident having 20000cd or better, and not waste time looking for a side button. I would like options well under $100, but I will consider anything reasonable.

parametrek

Enlightened
I plugged those requirements into my database and there are a few promising lights that feature a directly accessible strobe. I think the best of them would be the Fenix TK11 TAC. Goes for about $75.

7tisix

Newly Enlightened
That looks nice, but it's there anything with a 1" head? I will pocket carry so 25mm or less would be nice.

parametrek

Enlightened
You can plug that into the database too and find out ;)

There are several lights that size with 20k cd. However none of them have what I would consider a directly accessible strobe.

• Nitecore P10GT (tail switch)
  • Nitecore MH12GT (seems to be the same as yours but with microusb charging)
  • Acebeam TK17 Osram version (tail switch)

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P10 should. Nitecore's P series is all about the Direct accessible strobe. A personal gripe I have against Nitecore is that they call many of their lights "Tactical" lights yet only have a spring on one end of the battery tube. Another one is that they design their lights to operate on 123As, not on Li-Ion cells. You get the highest output from the light running primaries instead of rechargeables.

I'm sure you have your reasons, I just don't find pocket spotlights useful for much of anything other than pointing at things like you might a laser pointer.

Last edited:

7tisix

Newly Enlightened
The P10 should. Nitecore's P series is all about the Direct accessible strobe. A personal gripe I have against Nitecore is that they call many of their lights "Tactical" lights yet only have a spring on one end of the battery tube. Another one is that they design their lights to operate on 123As, not on Li-Ion cells. You get the highest output from the light running primaries instead of rechargeables.

I'm sure you have your reasons, I just don't find pocket spotlights useful for much of anything other than pointing at things like you might a laser pointer.

I agree with less useful. This light will be used primarily for defense. It will be less useful than many of my other lights, but 7000cd directly in the face isn't near as bad as 20000cd when trying to buy time when pitted against an attacker.

7tisix

Newly Enlightened
I just decided to go with the Fenix TK11 TAC even though the head is slightly bigger than I was wanting. I looks like a nice light.