Malkoff        

Thread: I found a couple of unused 14500 batteries in the fridge...

Default I found a couple of unused 14500 batteries in the fridge...

...so I ordered a couple of 14500 flashlights: an EagleTec D25A MkII (Cree XP-L Hi) and a Lumintop Tool AA. The days are getting shorter and it's time to start EDC'ing a larger light than the keychain lights I carry all summer (Olight IS3 EOS or Nitecore Tube).

I had purchased the two 14500s as alternate power sources for a Jetbeam RRTO SE that I received as a gift. I use that light with an RCR123 and enjoy it, but wish it was a bit smaller. I expect the D25A and Tool AA will be a little more pocketable.
    ​"What do you carry a flashlight for?!"

Default Re: I found a couple of unused 14500 batteries in the fridge...

Both great lights, I have both.. the lumintop is a tad bigger (diameter) the Eagtac has a tactical mode (strobe and high) which I enjoy.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pilo7448 View Post
    Both great lights, I have both.. the lumintop is a tad bigger (diameter) the Eagtac has a tactical mode (strobe and high) which I enjoy.
    I'm kind of excited... I haven't bought a new light in a while. They will keep me preoccupied while I'm waiting for my ArmyTek Wizard Pro to get through the mail to China for warranty examination/replacement.

Both lights are excellent and I am extremely happy with them. Unfortunately, the Nitecore NL147 14500 batteries are a touch too long for proper functioning in the D25A MkII. The are fine in the Tool AA 2.0 though. The D25A runs so well on an Eneloop I could live with it using just that power source. But I'm looking forward to giving it some real juice...