Recommend me: Single CR123 Tactical Flashlight for rifle mount

ZeroExOne

Newly Enlightened
New to the forum. I've been searching for a single CR123 tactical flashlight that will be used on a rifle, but have had no luck. So I ask you guys for help. I currently use an Inforce WML light but I really don't like how it feels especially having gloves on. The light will be mounted on an offset picatinny rail. The light needs to be about 1'' in diameter as that's how thick the mount hole is. I'm looking for a really rugged light as this will get banged up.

Thanks for the help.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

The Surefire M300 Mini Scout runs on one CR123 but is a self contained weapon light that attaches directly to your rail.

It sounds like you already have a 1" ring mount you want to slide a light into. If so, I would say most all of your choices would be two CR123 lights with the exception of the Elzetta Alpha. Personally, I would go with a two cell light.

Last edited:

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
Are you looking for a light with more flood or more throw? Going to 2 cell would definitely give you more options. I am not exactly picturing the mount you have, but do a search for Arisaka lights and they have some options on there. The Elzetta Alpha is 1 inch diameter, but not too much throw really. Very tough though. The 2 cell Elzetta Bravo with the old Malkoff housing for the P60 drop ins is pretty small for a 2 Cell light and extremely tough. That would give you different options with throw or flood choices. The Elzetta Bravo with the AVS head is same size body but the head is larger. They also offer a normal or flood drop in.

ZeroExOne

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking more for throw, but it's not that important. You are correct, I have a 1'' offset light mount. It's on the side and hangs down slightly. I use it in conjunction with a vertical grip. I really want a 1 CR123 as extra weight makes the gun really heavy. I don't need long battery life as I use it for short spurts. Also, you wouldn't think it but the two cell adds significant weight, especially to the end of the rifle. I tried putting an old Fenix TK15 on it, but would like something lighter.

Last edited:

wayben

Newly Enlightened
Surefire M300 Scout Weapon Light. Comes with it's own rail mount. I don't know of any single CR123 lights that are 1" in diameter. That would make it unnecessarily heavy. Might be able to save some weight by ditching your current rings and using the M300. It is 4.1oz with battery.

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
The Elzetta Alpha is tough as it gets and will fit right into your existing mount I'm guessing. I have one. I am not sure how far it throws, but I would call it a mixture of throw and spill. The beam is kind of different because he uses an acrylic lens or something and I don't like the tint as well as the Bravo heads. If you find a single cell E series body like from Lumens Factory or Surefire, you could put a Malkoff single cell E series head on it. He has one for more throw and one for a combination. The Malkoff MDC bodies are less than one inch, but I think the E series head is one inch. I would guess you could use a Malkoff body (take the clip off), and put the one inch head in your mount.

atlantixyl

Newly Enlightened
CR123A maybe outdated in 2022. 18350 battery provides higher output for high lumen & high candela light. Check out the MODLITE system.
MODLITE mini is like a Surefire Mini, but with much higher output for long range PID.