NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        

Thread: Clickable "dial set" light intensity setting flashlight options?

Flashaholic*

Default Clickable "dial set" light intensity setting flashlight options?

I happen to come across information on the Nittecore SRT series where you change the light settings by turning a rotary dial. This type of flashlight sounds very appealing to me, rather than either holding down or multiple pressing a button to change intensity levels which is the norm these days. One button to turn the light on and off and then the dial to change the settings of which you can either set the intensity before turning on the light or while the light is on is a type of light I would be interested in.

Anyhow wondering if there were other options of this type of light besides the Nitecore SRT?
    I live in a van down by the river

Default Re: Clickable "dial set" light intensity setting flashlight options?

The Solarstorm DX1 is probably worth a look

Nitecore MT22c, Jetbeam RRT01 Raptor (with rear swich), Jetbeam RRT-21 / RRT-26, HDS Rotary, Sunwayman V20c and V11r (discontinued). There are probably many more, I just cant think of them right now

These are classified in my database as "ring" switches. You might also be interested in the "rotary" switches too. They are more like a knob on the side of the light but usually act in a similar manner.

To add to those already mentioned: Sofirn SD05, Nebo Redline Select, Nextorch E6, Nextorch TA15, Nextorch TA30, Pelican 2370, Led Lenser iL7, Led Lenser EX7, Fenix LD42, Fenix TK11 TAC, Fenix SD11, Fenix SD20, Fenix PD40R V2, Acebeam H15, Acebeam H10, Acebeam K70, Underwater Kinetics Aqualite Pro 100, Surefire U2 Ultra, Surefire UB3T Invictus, Surefire UDR Dominator.

And these are some highlights from the (much larger) selection of lights with rotary knobs: Coleman's variable output lanterns, Viltrox lighting panels, Nitecore EC22, Nitecore MT22C, Nitecore P26, Nitecore P36, Petzl Pixa headlamps, Fenix TK35 UE, Nextorch T53, Surefire Minimus, Surefire Maximus.
    Try the largest, fastest, most flexible flashlight search engine: parametrek.com
    56 brands, 2810 models and still growing!
    NEW: battery search, european battery search

Enlightened

Malkoff Hi/Low MD2, but only two levels of intensity.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wayben View Post
    Malkoff Hi/Low MD2, but only two levels of intensity.
    Same goes for the Hound Dog, or Elzettas with Hi/Low tailcaps.

HDS Rotary.
    P
    "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" He chortled in his joy.

Quote Originally Posted by geepondy View Post
    wondering if there were other options of this type of light besides the Nitecore SRT?
    yes, other Hall Effect Infinitely Variable Stepless Rotaries are made by Jetbeam, presently I recommend the Jetbeam RRT-01.

lights such as HDS, Spy, Dominator, do not have Stepless Ramping. Instead, they use a mechanism that is rotated to a discrete number of preset mode contacts.

Both designs, you turn a dial, but Hall is smooth ramping, the others ramp by Hops between built in modes.
    Last edited by jon_slider; 10-26-2020 at 05:17 PM.

Slightly different mechanism(s) but I bring them up here because they've not yet been mentioned, are the potentiometer-type switches.

SureFire Titan and T1A. I think Peak had a couple of larger torches with these also.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Default Clickable "dial set" light intensity setting flashlight options?

Iím about to get a FrazLabs QTC light...twist right for on, keep twisting to increase brightness, twist left to reduce output, keep twisting left until off. No switch, no modes...but since thereís no switch you cannot choose a level then turn on the light. Donít know if thatís a deal breaker but just thought Iíd mention it.

Edit: Sorry, I missed the ďClickableĒin the title...I didnít pay attention in school either!
    Last edited by Johnnyh; 10-26-2020 at 10:23 PM.
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.