Clickable "dial set" light intensity setting flashlight options?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I happen to come across information on the Nittecore SRT series where you change the light settings by turning a rotary dial. This type of flashlight sounds very appealing to me, rather than either holding down or multiple pressing a button to change intensity levels which is the norm these days. One button to turn the light on and off and then the dial to change the settings of which you can either set the intensity before turning on the light or while the light is on is a type of light I would be interested in.

Anyhow wondering if there were other options of this type of light besides the Nitecore SRT?

parametrek

Enlightened
These are classified in my database as "ring" switches. You might also be interested in the "rotary" switches too. They are more like a knob on the side of the light but usually act in a similar manner.

To add to those already mentioned: Sofirn SD05, Nebo Redline Select, Nextorch E6, Nextorch TA15, Nextorch TA30, Pelican 2370, Led Lenser iL7, Led Lenser EX7, Fenix LD42, Fenix TK11 TAC, Fenix SD11, Fenix SD20, Fenix PD40R V2, Acebeam H15, Acebeam H10, Acebeam K70, Underwater Kinetics Aqualite Pro 100, Surefire U2 Ultra, Surefire UB3T Invictus, Surefire UDR Dominator.

And these are some highlights from the (much larger) selection of lights with rotary knobs: Coleman's variable output lanterns, Viltrox lighting panels, Nitecore EC22, Nitecore MT22C, Nitecore P26, Nitecore P36, Petzl Pixa headlamps, Fenix TK35 UE, Nextorch T53, Surefire Minimus, Surefire Maximus.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
wondering if there were other options of this type of light besides the Nitecore SRT?

yes, other Hall Effect Infinitely Variable Stepless Rotaries are made by Jetbeam, presently I recommend the Jetbeam RRT-01.

lights such as HDS, Spy, Dominator, do not have Stepless Ramping. Instead, they use a mechanism that is rotated to a discrete number of preset mode contacts.

Both designs, you turn a dial, but Hall is smooth ramping, the others ramp by Hops between built in modes.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Slightly different mechanism(s) but I bring them up here because they've not yet been mentioned, are the potentiometer-type switches.

SureFire Titan and T1A. I think Peak had a couple of larger torches with these also.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Clickable "dial set" light intensity setting flashlight options?

I'm about to get a FrazLabs QTC light...twist right for on, keep twisting to increase brightness, twist left to reduce output, keep twisting left until off. No switch, no modes...but since there's no switch you cannot choose a level then turn on the light. Don't know if that's a deal breaker but just thought I'd mention it.

Edit: Sorry, I missed the "Clickable"in the title...I didn't pay attention in school either!

Last edited: