New to the Forum and looking for a specific flashlight recommendation

ExaltedLight

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys, as the title says im new to forum and looking for a specific flashlight recommendation. Currently looking for an EDC light with the follow features:

Size = Between 2 - 4ish inches but probably not longer than 5 inches as i want it to be pocket friendly.
Switches - Must have a tail switch
Charging - Must have Magnetic Charging AND be able to use batteries with micro USB (preferably no proprietary battery)

I have yet to find a light with these features and have done tons of searching.. maybe you guys know better lol

Some example lights that have came close but fell short in one of the above areas are:

1) Fenix E18R = Lack of tail switch
2) Fenix E30r = Lack of tail switch
3) Fenix LD30 = Lack of Magnetic Charging
4) Olight Warrior Mini = Proprietary Battery that I would of been okay with if it had the ability to charge with a micro USB as well.
5) Acebeam TK16 = Lack of Magnetic Charging / Also not sure if I would lose some Functions if I don't use the specific IMR 16340 they provide that requires 10C discharge to get the max 1800 lumens

so as you can see, some help would be greatly appreciated LOL

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys, as the title says im new to forum and looking for a specific flashlight recommendation. Currently looking for an EDC light with the follow features:

Size = Between 2 - 4ish inches but probably not longer than 5 inches as i want it to be pocket friendly.
Switches - Must have a tail switch
Charging - Must have Magnetic Charging AND be able to use batteries with micro USB (preferably no proprietary battery)

I have yet to find a light with these features and have done tons of searching.. maybe you guys know better lol

Some example lights that have came close but fell short in one of the above areas are:

1) Fenix E18R = Lack of tail switch
2) Fenix E30r = Lack of tail switch
3) Fenix LD30 = Lack of Magnetic Charging
4) Olight Warrior Mini = Proprietary Battery that I would of been okay with if it had the ability to charge with a micro USB as well.
5) Acebeam TK16 = Lack of Magnetic Charging / Also not sure if I would lose some Functions if I don't use the specific IMR 16340 they provide that requires 10C discharge to get the max 1800 lumens

so as you can see, some help would be greatly appreciated LOL

I think the problem is that you want the ability to charge from a Micro-USB in addition to the Warrior Mini's magnetic charging puck. To be ...to the point, you won't find anything fitting that description. The magnetic puck charging system is patented by Olight. What I don't understand is why...considering if you have access to a USB port to plug in the micro usb cable, you can plug in the Olight puck. If it's because you don't want to have an additional cable other than the micro-usb, well...tape or twist-tie the two together.

Or buy a Klarus G10. It's a little shorter than an Olight M2T and has both tail and side switches. It's also brighter than an M2T, has a built in micro-usb charging port and accepts standard 18650s (it uses a smart driver which can run it on a standard 18650 just not at the max output or a hi-drain 18650 which will get as much light as it can out). The UI isn't quite the same. The tail switch turns on the low output with a single click. To turn it off you have to hold it until it turns off. If you hold it a little longer, it jumps to max output (1800 lumens) until you release it, which turns it off. Clicking either switch will change output level in a cycle of low, med, hi, max-low, med, hi, max regardless of which button is pressed. The side switch remembers it's last mode and so will turn on in whatever level it was last used in.

Personally I would go with the Warrior Mini.