Beer, Ale, Mead...

StuGatz

Enlightened
I have searched and have not found a Beer thread to adequately share a general interest for the sudsy brew and various accouterments of same, same. :rolleyes:

So how about it? :cool:

Post your favorite or most recent experience and salute!!!

StuGatz

Enlightened
Oh Hell ladies, I'll kick this one off with a little greeting... :cool:

Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well!!!

Now for the subject at hand.

A Stone Ripper SDPA. Yeah seemed fitting for this most recent decompression.

pMwSVO2.jpg

lpd5NYG.jpg

And of course a short video from when the sTine was introduced with a Firestone Walker Brewing company Lil Opal.

ln2avbc.jpg

rWtxPqP.jpg

JrHEYZ1.jpg

hG8vm8E.jpg

hh9eQbO.jpg

8JZS8h1.jpg

IKM2hFd.jpg

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the microbrewery in tappan New York. The beer was great wasn't crazy about the bison sliders.
So did she ever give an option of the brew?

StuGatz

Enlightened
And YES! That IS an Olight S1 Baton at 8:00...

YEiaXLy.jpg

mDIAaNu.jpg

Come on man! Post a photo or 10 of YOUR current beer. :cool:

StuGatz

Enlightened
Yes!!! TONIGHT'S moon shot and if you doubt, go look outside or check the Farmers Almanac. And NO the phone with the moon reflection is not my kit... :naughty:

DsYG4eG.jpg

H7ALOaY.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
taQHo0N.jpg

OMG!! I finally found out how to get the proper img link from the imgur app to post my pix direct into the CPF app! My life is now complete. :)

Poppy

Flashaholic
nbp,
Nice image... amazing that you could do that balancing act AFTER you got the beer out of the can :)

I'd been watching the series "Vikings" and reading about English and Irish history of about that time.
So of course I had to try out some "mead"

This is the only brand I have had, IMO a nice desert wine, but I couldn't drink it as a meal like the Vikings may have done.

ACtC-3c_lSvx1ag_ZWwB1OF9CLuu2AUn_z24MMbNMUQw02KFFAWdaTmUQYQhUrgRKMplQFf77yXQU0vQDj700NFZ1-u3Mx43WAuSclTRAdUtEOrGB5oTAiXyrlkQXhMcc0YeG8bswxmnfEIKknaUiyVGGoGb=s789-no

I hate having to throw the bottle into the recycle bin, because it is so cool. But I really don't have a specific use for it.

Poppy

Flashaholic
A few days ago, after reading this thread, I picked up a bottle of mead pictured above.

I guess my tastes have changed, or I got a bad bottle, but it had a bit of a musty taste.
I don't like it and will toss it.

Suggestions of what I can do with that blue glass, with a spring loaded stopper?
As I said above, it is a really cool bottle, that I hate to toss into the recycle bin, but can't come up with a use for it.

Tasky

Newly Enlightened
Mead-wise, there are many variations, branded and otherwise... from a light, pale wine with barely any flavour, to a thick syrup that is basically honey in a bottle, with added sugar and black treacle. Like with whisky, you have to try them all and pick your faves.

My personal regulars include Moniak (Scottish brew, very thick and overly sweet), Drunken Monk, Lindisfarne, Lyme Bay and Lurgashall. Most do standard mead, and variants such as spiced, mulled and Christmas!

I have some places where I'll find locally produced meads, including one with heather. They also do a heather ale, similar to Fraoch but with a stronger flavour.

StuGatz

Enlightened
YouTube auto corrected this one for some unfathomable reason so, apologies for the portrait style view. Mehhh...

StuGatz

Enlightened
A little delayed celebration. And NO, to definitively curtail any nagging commentary, NO operation of the automobile ensued... ;) :grin2: :poof:

Poppy

Flashaholic
It's almost October and time for pumpkin spice everything.

My daughter likes Whole Hog Pumpkin ale. When it is available she has to get a few six packs because it sells out so quickly and it is a limited run.

1695469535388.png

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mead-wise, there are many variations, branded and otherwise... from a light, pale wine with barely any flavour, to a thick syrup that is basically honey in a bottle, with added sugar and black treacle. Like with whisky, you have to try them all and pick your faves.

My personal regulars include Moniak (Scottish brew, very thick and overly sweet), Drunken Monk, Lindisfarne, Lyme Bay and Lurgashall. Most do standard mead, and variants such as spiced, mulled and Christmas!

I have some places where I'll find locally produced meads, including one with heather. They also do a heather ale, similar to Fraoch but with a stronger flavour.
I've made mead in past, a few small (1 gallon) batches, though nothing recently. Each batch turned out differently. One fermented out completely, quite dry, others somewhat sweet. Fermentation can be tricky. Last batch was bulk aged for almost a decade, it just kept getting better (as noted in reference books).

I guess it's time I tried some made by someone else.

Dave

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Do enjoy a bit of Killian's Irish Red once in awhile.
One of the few beers out there that doesn't taste like urine.