Fridge mount flashlights

bykfixer

Flashaholic
So does anybody still have a flashlight magnetized to their fridge?

EEC75-F62-BD23-4219-831-C-49-EEBA06-B861.jpg

A 2D with NiteIze PR base LED bulb and D to aa adapters

52-BCC27-F-38-B3-4-C15-95-C8-51-D2-B9-A5-DD97.jpg

An official aa LED light.

Last edited:

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought I had a 2AA Rayovac stuck to the fridge, but I just looked and it's not there.

No idea what happened to it or how long it's been gone.

--flatline

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't even know that was a thing. Maybe heard of someone doing that.. back in the 80's or 90's? Seen it done with velcro plenty, but not on fridges much.

desmobob

Enlightened
Blast from the past... this thread had me thinking of the flashlights of my youth: 2 D cells in a thin, chrome-plated body with a red plastic head and red plastic magnetic base on the side with a train track magnet. I can hear the sound of my dad shaking one and rapping it against his hand to try to get it to come on. :rolleyes:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
While I don't have any lights stuck to my fridge I have a large metal storage cabinet with office supplies and such that I have several lights stuck to. I have a similar light to what Poppy has but it is only one mode. I have an old Rayovac clamp light also and a cheap 3AAA swivel light plus an 18650 COB/LED/UV light. I love having these lights on that cabinet because it is in the middle of my house close to my room so when I decide to go outside the back or front door I can easily grab a light off the cabinet. I find it best to have floody lights as when I go outside I usually am looking at plants I'm growing for bugs at night or going to the garage. Cheap AA based magnet lights that you can toss alkaleaks in and forget and not worry about them spewing their guts in them are good candidates although I find myself using the 18650 light most of the time now. I wish I could find a decent small 18650 based magnet tap light that I could stick on surfaces and push on when I need light. I bought a 4 pack of magnetic Ozark tap lights that are also remote controlled but even though they had a nice output the vampiric drain was terrible... literally in a few days the cheap batteries in them all were dead and the low mode on them was only accessible via the remote. That is the problem with remote control battery lights as you rarely find lights that don't drain batteries faster than normal Nimh can discharge themselves which lead us to LSD versions.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Blast from the past... this thread had me thinking of the flashlights of my youth: 2 D cells in a thin, chrome-plated body with a red plastic head and red plastic magnetic base on the side with a train track magnet. I can hear the sound of my dad shaking one and rapping it against his hand to try to get it to come on. :rolleyes:

3092-D74-C-1-C1-A-422-B-B294-7-C36-A360807-A.jpg

Exactly!! The old wak-a-palm type……
Here's a vintage BMG sent to me by member 1pt21 a few years back.

16-D728-D7-472-F-4477-AEDD-DEF88721-A3-EC.jpg

And some more modern lights
A Rofis and $3 check out counter type.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
FE82-D32-C-0407-43-F7-B9-BB-7-D6-A5-BDDF8-EA.jpg

That damn puck light has had the same AAA's in it for like 3 years! No leaks and still works. 🤔

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
3092-D74-C-1-C1-A-422-B-B294-7-C36-A360807-A.jpg

Exactly!! The old wak-a-palm type……
Here's a vintage BMG sent to me by member 1pt21 a few years back.

16-D728-D7-472-F-4477-AEDD-DEF88721-A3-EC.jpg

And some more modern lights
A Rofis and $3 check out counter type.

A lot of people had those stuck to their frigs back in the 70's...some would stick them to the receiver of their shotgun for hunting at night - would work for one shot before recoil knocked it off.

Today I see a lot of people with the something like the rofis, particularly the blue ones from harbor fright that they got for free.

The Hawk

Enlightened
I remember those flashlights with the train track magnets. Wish I still had mine. Thanks for the memories.

The Hawk

Enlightened
I have several of the magnetic blue Harbor Freight flashlights that I got for free. I keep one on each fridge.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
New Manker E03H aa headlamp illuminating old post card from Baja trip.. Before C19, we needed no stinkin mask, and bathing suit tops (as well bottoms) are always optional (-;
20201111-181913.jpg

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember those flashlights with the train track magnets. Wish I still had mine. Thanks for the memories.

Hawk, the later versions with train track magnet that doubles as on/off switch, these were available through 90s. This one bought at, now defunct, Orchard Supply Stores
20201112-110042.jpg