Lumintop GT Nano mini-review

325addict

Enlightened
I got in the Lumintop GT nano recently.

It is powered by a single 80mAh 10180 cell. There is no micro-USB port on the flashlight itself, instead, a really nice charger made of brass is included that can be screwed on the battery barrel. A very short micro-USB cable is also included.
A red LED indicates charging, as soon as it turns green, charging is complete.

The light features a ramping UI as a standard, but can be changed to discrete levels and even a momentary mode.

The light is incredibly bright if it is turned to its highest level. SO bright, that I just couldn't believe the 10180 cell could bear that load... so I tested runtime at its highest setting. After just 3 minutes(!) quite a drop in output could be noticed. After 5 minutes I stopped in order to not damage the cell.

After this, the opposite was tested: at its lowest setting, runtime is MORE than 11 hours, light output is still enough to safely find your way in your home, even if it is pitch black and dark. This clearly is more the field of use of this light: its lower settings. There's simply not enough energy in that tiny cell to make any decent runtime possible at high levels, but you can expect that. Nothing negative to Lumintop, that's just physics!

Light output is nice and even, without any dark spots. It is a great thrower for its size. I never saw any 10180 light that even came close to this one.

I can really recommend this little light, as it is very useful and runs long as long as you use it on the lower settings. Finish is flawless, as I've come to expect from Lumintop. I have several of their lights, and until now I can only praise them for their perfect finish, perfect threads and incredible output for their size.

JimmyB

Enlightened
I just got mine today and have been trying it out in a variety of places. I agree with everything you said. It's really a fun little light with great throw for its size. Even my wife, who usually rolls her eyes at my new lights, thought it was impressive.

skid00skid00

Newly Enlightened
I ordered mine from Neal as soon as he had them listed. I wonder when he will ship it out?

staticaz

Newly Enlightened
Wondering if anyone has has a problem charging the batteries on this? I received mine on Jan 14th and
everything was fine until I tried to charge the battery today. The first one seemed to be charging fine
but after 4 hours of charging, the red light was still on so I decided to check the voltage. It had
gone from 3.4v before charging down to 0.31v after. Thinking this may be a defect in the battery
I decided to try one of my spares and the exact same thing happened so now, I have 2 batteries
that have apparently been destroyed by the charger.

Hoping to get this replaced my either Neilsgadgets since it is so new or Lumintop but, not going
to try charging any of my other batteries in that charger and they sure wont fit in any of my other chargers.

Thanks ahead of time is anyone else has had this problem.

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
I love these BLF-inspired lights. I only have the original GT. Would love to pick up one of the smaller ones.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
The instructions say it has a button backlight but I'm damned if I can get it to work. Supposedly you triple click to get to battery test mode then hold to swap between backlight modes. I can't get it to turn on though.

TIFisher

Newly Enlightened
The instructions say it has a button backlight but I'm damned if I can get it to work. Supposedly you triple click to get to battery test mode then hold to swap between backlight modes. I can't get it to turn on though.

I don't have one (holding out for OEM 10440 tube), but from what I've read, this is a known and common problem with the Nano. Some say it's just extremely weak and you have to be in a total light deprived environment to see it. Snippet from the manual:

https://i.imgur.com/MqxFdXJl.png[/img]

skid00skid00

Newly Enlightened

It's extremely dim. Just turn it off, so it doesn't wear down your battery between uses.
Also-change the voltage readout to use the main LED, not the button LED. That way you can actually see it when you click three times.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah, no working switch light on mine. Must have got a dud. Reset it and did the various programming, nothing. Not too worried, I probably wouldn't have used it much anyway.

Thrunite ti3 body fits well on it.

LimeyJohnson

Newly Enlightened
mine actually has a mind of it's own. The switch will sometimes not turn off, and after my most recent charge (Friday night) the red button led is not lit. As said above, when it did work, it was VERY dim.